Updated Jul 28, 2013 - 1:41 am
Eagles WR Maclin tears ACL, could miss season
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Eagles wide receiver Jeremy Maclin tore the ACL in his right knee during practice and could miss the season.
Maclin went down at the end of a non-contact Saturday drill and appeared to be in pain while he was on the ground for several minutes. He was helped onto the cart and needed assistance getting off it and going into the team's practice facility.
"Appreciate all the love and support twitter fam....sad day but I have setbacks my entire life. Minor setback for a MAJOR comeback! (hash)birdgang," he wrote on Twitter.
Philadelphia is in its second full practice under new coach Chip Kelly. The first practice with pads is Sunday.
The Eagles signed wide receiver David Ball to the 90-man roster. The 29-year-old Ball played for Kelly at New Hampshire, and broke Jerry Rice's Division I-AA record for touchdown receptions. Ball spent time in training camp with Chicago and the New York Jets in 2007-08.
Maclin is headed into his fifth season with the Eagles. He led the team with 69 catches for 857 yards and seven touchdowns last season, and the former first-round pick is in the final year of his rookie contract.
Two-time Pro Bowl wide receiver DeSean Jackson is Philadelphia's other starter. The team has veterans Jason Avant and Riley Cooper, along with several younger wideouts in camp.
Maclin has averaged 64 catches, 863 yards and six TDs in his first four seasons. His best year was in 2011 when he had 70 receptions for 964 yards and 10 TDs.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- M's notebook: Walker scratched from Tacoma start
- Mariners add run on replay, beat Rangers 7-1
- M's notebook: Why not move Ackley up in lineup?
- M's Chris Young has put shoulder issues behind him
- Could beards be the reason fans aren't connecting to the Mariners?
- Mariners notebook: Disappointing weekend for offense
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks' Lockette made 911 call
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Bruce Irvin
- Report: Woman transported from Kaepernick's hotel
- 49ers' Colin Kaepernick responds to reports of 'suspicious incident'
- Lakewood is celebrating Jermaine Kearse Day
- Hawk Talk: Wright and the Seahawks' LB precedent
- More Seattle Seahawks »