Updated Jul 28, 2013 - 9:30 am
More than 65,000 fans expected for Eagles practice
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Hours before the Philadelphia Eagles put pads on for the first time under new coach Chip Kelly, tailgating fans gathered in parking lots and waited for the Linc to open its gates.
More than 65,000 tickets were distributed for Sunday's practice. As former NBA MVP and Philadelphia 76ers star Allen Iverson famously once said: "Practice! Not a game! Practice!"
That's how excited they are about Kelly and their beloved Eagles.
Kelly was lured away from Oregon after the Eagles fired Andy Reid following a 4-12 season. Kelly had tremendous success in college, leading the Ducks to a 46-7 record in four seasons and turning the program into a national powerhouse.
Now, he's bringing his high-octane, up-tempo offense and unique overall approach to the NFL. Everyone is eager to see his transition.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- More Seattle Mariners »