Updated Jul 31, 2013 - 11:35 am
NFL Pro Bowl rosters to be determined by draft
NEW YORK (AP) - The NFL Pro Bowl rosters for next year will be selected in a draft by team captains, with Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice assisting as alumni captains.
The NFL will abandon the AFC vs. NFC format that has been in place since 1971.
The league says Wednesday that fan voting will determine the players in the draft pool. The draft will be televised by the NFL Network on Jan. 22. The game will be played Jan. 26 at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Other changes are coming to the game, too.
The ball will change hands at the end of each quarter, which could double the opportunities for two-minute drills. Kickoffs (and return specialists) will be eliminated _ teams will start on their own 25-yard line. Defenses will be allowed to play cover-2 and press coverage in addition to man, and several clock tweaks have been instituted to speed up the game and prompt offensive play.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- Mariners notebook: Brad Miller gets his first day off
- M's notebook: Updates on Iwakuma, Paxton and more
- More Seattle Mariners »
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- Seahawks' preseason dates, times announced
- Seahawks' Zach Miller glad to be back after pay cut
- Seahawks Russell Wilson most popular pro athlete in Washington state
- 3 thoughts on the Seahawks' trade for Terrelle Pryor
- Nevada man sues Seahawks, NFL for $40 million over limiting playoff ticket sales
- More Seattle Seahawks »