Updated Sep 27, 2013 - 10:05 am
Bengals' Pacman Jones pays disorderly conduct fine
CINCINNATI (AP) - Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones has paid a fine for disorderly conduct after police accused him of making offensive comments in the latest in a series of legal problems for him.
Jones paid $130 for the fine and court costs Thursday, an official in the Hamilton County Municipal Court clerk's office said Friday. Jones was to have been arraigned on the citation Friday.
Jones' attorney, Edward Perry, didn't immediately return calls for comment.
Jones was arrested around 2:30 a.m. Monday after the vehicle he was in was pulled over for driving 60 mph in a 45 mph zone on a highway in Cincinnati, State Highway Patrol Lt. Anne Ralston said.
The driver was cited for drunken driving while Jones was cited for disorderly conduct. Both charges are misdemeanors, and Jones and the driver were released.
Ralston said Jones said something during the traffic stop that was "likely to be offensive or to cause inconvenience, annoyance or alarm to persons of ordinary sensibilities."
Jones, who has had a series of legal troubles, is scheduled for trial next month on an assault charge filed in June. He has pleaded not guilty to the charge accusing him of hitting a woman at a nightclub.
Jones pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct in 2011 and was sentenced to one year of probation and 50 hours of community service.
Last year, Jones was ordered last year to pay $11 million to two Las Vegas strip club employees injured in 2007 when a gunman claiming he was doing Jones' bidding opened fire outside the club after Jones and his entourage were kicked out. Jones said he wasn't involved and pleaded an equivalent of no contest to misdemeanor conspiracy to commit disorderly conduct.
Jones is the Bengals' third cornerback and a punt returner.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seattle 1B Choi banned 50 games for positive test
- Mariners minor leaguer suspended
- Mariners announcer needs signature Robinson Cano call
- Mariners notebook: A surprise in right field
- Mariners notebook: Walker shut down for two weeks
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- More Seattle Seahawks »