Updated Oct 3, 2013 - 7:47 pm
Bills QB EJ Manuel injures knee on hit
CLEVELAND (AP) - Buffalo rookie quarterback EJ Manuel left the Bills' game Thursday night against the Browns with a knee injury, and the team said his return was doubtful.
Manuel was hit on the right knee by Browns safety Tashaun Gipson at the end of a 14-yard run. Manuel stayed down in obvious pain and then walked slowly to the sideline before he was replaced by rookie backup Jeff Tuel. Manuel tried to get his loose on the sideline, jogging and riding a stationary bike. Trainers examined his knee before taking him to the locker room.
Manuel was 11 of 20 for 129 yards.
Earlier, Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer went down with a right knee injury and coach Rob Chudzinski told NFL Network he was fearful of torn ligaments.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks to open vs. Packers, play 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- Marcus Trufant to retire as a Seahawk
- Baldwin hoping for long-term deal with Seahawks
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- More Seattle Seahawks »