Updated Oct 3, 2013 - 7:47 pm
Bills QB EJ Manuel injures knee on hit
CLEVELAND (AP) - Buffalo rookie quarterback EJ Manuel left the Bills' game Thursday night against the Browns with a knee injury, and the team said his return was doubtful.
Manuel was hit on the right knee by Browns safety Tashaun Gipson at the end of a 14-yard run. Manuel stayed down in obvious pain and then walked slowly to the sideline before he was replaced by rookie backup Jeff Tuel. Manuel tried to get his loose on the sideline, jogging and riding a stationary bike. Trainers examined his knee before taking him to the locker room.
Manuel was 11 of 20 for 129 yards.
Earlier, Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer went down with a right knee injury and coach Rob Chudzinski told NFL Network he was fearful of torn ligaments.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seattle Mariners make history by winning game with instant replay
- Mariners notebook: Good news for Taijuan Walker
- M's reportedly interested in White Sox OF Viciedo
- Will Miller or Franklin be the M's starting shortstop?
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- More Seattle Mariners »