Friday, August 28, 2015
- Mr. Robot: Inside the world of a hacker
This week on GeekWire, we explore the world of hacking through the hit USA Network show "Mr. Robot."
Friday, August 21, 2015
- New York Times reporter Jodi Kantor on Amazon
The New York Times exposé, "Inside Amazon, Wrestling Big Ideas in a Bruising Workplace," was the talk of the tech world this week
Friday, August 14, 2015
- Hunting for Amazon's drones, HBO gets Sesame Street, and Halo 5 gets a teen rating
Behind the scenes of our search for Amazon's secret drone site. Sesame Street is coming to HBO?
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
- How next-generation NFL stats will change the fan experience
With NFL training camps in full swing, GeekWire reporter Taylor Soper talks about the latest football technology news.
Friday, August 7, 2015
- Are eSports really sports? Plus Xbox DVR, Expedia expansion and more
Are eSports really sports? Plus Xbox DVR, Expedia expansion and more
Sunday, August 2, 2015
- 'Silicon Valley' star Thomas Middleditch on startup life, Microsoft Windows, and his own game project
GeekWire talked with actor and comedian Thomas Middleditch, star of HBOâ€™s 'Silicon Valley,' after his appearance as a judge at Microsoft's Imagine Cup in Seattle on Friday.
Friday, July 31, 2015
- Windows 10 is finally here! Plus, a discussion with Vikram Jandhyala, Vice Provost for Innovation at the University of Washington
Windows 10 is finally here, and we talk about our favorite and least-favorite aspects of the new Microsoft operating system
Friday, July 24, 2015
- Apple, Starbucks, Lyft, and the Rolling Stones
Apple makes a big move into Seattle, Starbucks and Lyft strike a major partnership, and Amazon posts the biggest employee growth in its history — yes, even more. And what the heck was the Rolling Stones airplane doing in town? We'll answer that question and much more this week on GeekWire.
Monday, July 20, 2015
- Stephen Hawking searches for aliens, and Elon Musk explains the SpaceX explosion
Inside details on Stephen Hawkingâ€™s announcement of a $100 million initiative to find alien life, and Elon Muskâ€™s news conference about a preliminary finding in the recent SpaceX Falcon 9 explosion.
Friday, July 17, 2015
- Prime Day, Asteroid Mining, and Seattle Tech Gets Political
An Amazon Prime Day post mortem, a big milestone for asteroid mining, tech moguls Steve Ballmer and Mark Cuban make nice over an NBA deal gone bad, and the Seattle tech community starts to influence local politics. Plus, an App of the Week that will help you keep track of your greatest meals.
Thursday, July 16, 2015
- What itâ€™s like to check out an Internet hotspot from the Seattle Public Library
GeekWireâ€™s James Risley talks about his experience testing the Seattle Public Libraryâ€™s new mobile Internet hotspots.
Thursday, July 9, 2015
- Organizing and synchronizing all of your photos
Microsoft makes another big round of job cuts, a victory for anonymous commenters, and Redfin wants to make it easier for you to tour homes. Our guest is David Vaskevitch, the former Microsoft CTO, who joins us to talk about his new startup Mylio, which helps people organize, backup and synchronize large collections of photos. Plus, an app of the week that will keep you from getting locked out of your car or house.
Friday, July 3, 2015
- Geek Heresy with Kentaro Toyama
A conversation with Kentaro Toyama, the author of "Geek Heresy: Rescuing Social Change from the Cult of Technology." The former Microsoft researcher, who helped to launch the company's research lab in India, contends that tech leaders and philanthropists are counting too heavily on technology to improve conditions around the world.
Friday, June 26, 2015
- Amazon's Treasure Truck and More
Amazon wants you to check out its Treasure Truck, how Microsoft is overhauling its culture, and a biotech pioneer thinks he can radically improve your health with a new approach he calls "scientific wellness." Plus, a new high-tech way way to monitor the weather, and Todd fixes John's phone, live on air.
Friday, June 19, 2015
- Tech at the U.S. Open and more
Big news from Microsoft's Xbox group, highlights from the E3 game convention, a groundbreaking partnership for the UW and a tech report from the U.S. Open. Plus an App of the Week that's perfect for your vacation photos, and a review of the new Pebble Time smartwatch, from GeekWire contributor Tim Ellis