Ring My Belle: Bellevue Skate King is closing, Rachel Belle cries nacho cheese tears 1. Bellevue Skate King is closing on June 30. Rachel Belle cries nacho cheese tears.
2. An LA Tinmes article says: "Thanks to TV's strong women, voters are ready for a female president."
3. Jon Stewart reveals why he's leaving the Daily Show: he's bored.
4. Kraft says that as of January 2016 its original macaroni and cheese sold in the United States will no longer contain synthetic colors or artificial preservatives.
Friday, April 17, 2015
Ring My Belle: 90 ways you might look suspicious to the TSA 1. A couple was babysitting a kid who turned to be kidnapped.
2. A homeless man in Florida is about to get an apartment after finding a bank account he'd forgotten about.
3. The TSA has a 90-point check list of things they're looking for in terrorists, and if you have a bobbing Adam's apple, you might be on their radar.
Ring My Belle: Maryland Free-Range parents are suing CPS for picking up their kids 1. A couple in Maryland, who call themselves Free-Range parents, is suing the county for detaining their children, who were simply playing at a nearby park, unsupervised.
2. Tumwater High School boys speak out against sexual assault.
3. A NY woman filled potholes in her town with potting soil and flowers.
4. Two little girls from Australia are raking in 6-figures a month making desserts on YouTube.
Ring My Belle: Man's head transplant makes Rachel want to barf 1. A Russian man wants to be the first to have his head transplanted onto a working body.
2. A 65 year old German woman is pregnant with quadruplets.
3. Thanks to Italian astronauts, the International Space Station will soon be getting an espresso maker.
4. An australian woman got a nasty piece of hate mail from her girlfriends, complaining that she brags about her baby too much on social media.
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Adult coloring books are selling by the millions When was the last time you colored? You know, crayons, coloring book? Perhaps you haven't colored since you were a kid. But right now, on Amazon, the top two best selling books are both coloring books. For adults. Adults are channeling their inner child, and achieving calmness and creativity through coloring and finger painting.
Ring My Belle: The Seattle boss who raised everyone's salary to $70,000 1. A Seattle boss read that people are much happier if they make $70,000 a year, so he dropped his own salary, and raised all of theirs to that number.
2. A Seattle man spent the weekend in a neighborhood tree, scheduled to be cut down by City Light.
3. Gwyneth Paltrow is doing the Food Stamp Challenge and now she is being attacked because she purchased too many limes and veggies with her $29 weekly stipend.
Monday, April 13, 2015
Ring My Belle: Seattle city employees now get 4 weeks paid family leave! 1. The Seattle City Council unanimously voted to give four weeks paid family leave to new moms and dads.
2. New trend alert: young people dyeing their hair gray.
3. Ultra-orthodox Jewish men are sometimes stalling flights because they refuse to sit next to a woman on a plane.
4. What are the most successful commercial diets?
Friday, April 10, 2015
Plate of Nations showcases family run restaurants in Seattle's Rainier Valley Rainier Valley has the most diverse zip code in the United States, which means there are restaurants from all around the world, many of them run by immigrant families. Twelve of these restaurants are being highlighted in a promotion called Plate of Nations. Each restaurant is offering a $15 and $25 meals that can serve 2-4 people.
Ring My Belle: Is using Emojis emasculating? 1. A Kennewick cop was caught on video, interacting with a driver in a less than savory manner.
2. Reddit is no longer letting employees negotiate their salaries, since women are often not as good at negotiating as men are.
3. Should men use emojis?
Is using Emojis emasculating?
Thursday, April 9, 2015
Chick-fil-A opened in Bellevue, but is it worth the hype? The first Washington Chick-Fil-A franchise opened in Bellevue this morning, and 100 people camped out in the parking lot over night, and were rewarded with free chicken for a year. But Rachel Belle wanted to find out if the chicken is as delicious as the hype.