Ring My Belle: Your germaphobic bathroom habits are a waste of time 1. If you're someone who flushes toilets with your feet and refuses to touch a bathroom door, scientists say your efforts to stay germ-free are fruitless.
2. WA wants to put more safety regulations on Uber and Lyft cars.
3. A pregnant model is blowing up the internet with photos of her tiny baby belly.
4. Turns out, cockroaches have personality.
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
The New York woman who founded the free-range kids concept It all started when "New York Sun" columnist Lenore Skenazy let her 9 year old son ride the subway by himself. When she wrote about it, parents went wild. She has since started the Free-Range Kids movement, the idea that kids can play outside by themselves, without the cops arresting their parents for it.
Ring My Belle: Hitler's Mein Kampf will soon be back on the shelves in Germany 1. Buy Nothing allows neighbors to give and take from each other, with a simple porch pickup.
2. Hitler's Mein Kampf will soon be back on the shelves in Germany, after decades of being banned.
3. Seattleites like to boycott businesses they don't morally and politically jive with. So much so that we rank second in the nation, just below Portland.
Ghost Boy: Trapped in his mind and body for 12 years, Martin Pistorius finally speaks When he was 12 years old, South Africa's Martin Pistorius got sick, and eventually lost all ability to speak or move. Doctors said he had the intelligence of an infant and he was ignored in care centers for more than a decade. But Martin's brain was fully functioning, and he was trapped in his mind and body for more than a decade until someone finally helped set him free. His new memoir, "Ghost Boy," tells his amazing story.
Ring My Belle: Llamas on the loose!! 1. CBS and CNN both did live coverage of a two hour live llama chase in Arizona.
2. The wife of an American billionaire is asking for a million dollars a month in child support, as they go through a divorce. That includes $2,000 for stationary alone.
3. Seattle will be launching 15 streateries, using parking spaces to create tiny outdoor eating spaces.
4. In Sweden, the police were called to a birthday party because passersby thought a "21" balloon said Isis.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Ring My Belle: The newly smudged reputation of Bikram yoga 1. Hope Solo wants to be forgiven.
2. Starting today, Facebook is adding new suicide prevention features to the website.
3. The founder of Bikram yoga has been accused of sexual assaulting and raping several women, which is causing some yoga studios to scratch his name off their signs.
4. KFC is trying out new, edible coffee cups.
Friday, February 20, 2015
Ring My Belle: Coming soon the the US: GM apples that don't turn brown 1. The Seattle City Council wants to put a cap on the price of micro-apartments.
2. Unemployment can actually change your personality, and make it harder for you to get a job.
3. The USDA has approved a brand of genetically modified apples that do not turn brown.
4. The origin story behind Leslie Gore's "It's My Party."
Ring My Belle: Should you have to love your job in order to keep it? 1. Some Oklahoma politicians are trying to ban AP History because it paints our country in a negative light.
2. Do you need to love your job in order to keep it?
3. Oregon has the country's first bi-sexual governor.
4. Uber is adding a panic button, but only for Chicago customers.
You're Fired! When nice people have mean jobs Sometimes really nice people have really mean jobs. Parking attendants, tax auditors, we assume these people are jerks. But often times they really are perfectly nice people, just trying to do their seemingly villainous job. I spoke with three people whose job is to be the bearer of bad news.