Thursday, July 30, 2015
- A new Seattle B&B caters to pot enthusiasts
If you bring your own pot, 7 Leaf Bed and Breakfast will let you vape it on the premises and a chef will whip it into gourmet meals and cocktails.
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
- Ring My Belle: Macklemore says the stresses of fame caused him to fall off the wagon
1. A postman connects a 12 year old boy with 100's of books after he finds out he has nothing to read but junk mail. 2. A new start-up connects high school seniors with college kids who take them on university tours. 3. Macklemore talks about how the stresses of fame caused him to fall off the wagon.
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
- Ring My Belle: For the 1st time, Chuck Taylor's have a new design & they're COMFORTABLE!
1. A California man is suing Conan O'Brien for stealing his jokes off Twitter. 2. A man dies, leaving his daughters millions. Only, to get the money they must meet certain achievements he's laid out for them. 3. For the 1st time in their 98 year existence, Converse's Chuck Taylor's have a new design, and they're actually comfortable. 4. You can now vape caffeine.
Monday, July 27, 2015
- A new line of reversible clothing with no tags or buttons is perfect for kids with autism
A former CNN anchor came up with Independence Day Clothing after watching her autistic son struggle for 45 minutes to get dressed. None of her clothes have a front or a back, they are reversible and have no irritating tags, buttons or zippers.
- Ring My Belle: The ever-expanding introvert empire of Susan Cain
1. A woman who educated America about The Introvert, continues to expand her introverted empire. 2. The first episode of Caitlin Jenner's new reality show, 'I Am Cait' premiered on E!. 3. A depressing update about a woman who gave birth in the woods of northern CA last month and started a forest fire.
Thursday, July 23, 2015
- Ring My Belle: Vegas weddings have lost their luster and popularity
1. NASA is reporting that their Kepler Mission has discovered a 'Bigger, Older Cousin to Earth.' 2. In Southern California, cops are pretending to be homeless people at on-ramps, to catch texters. 3. There's a decline in Vegas weddings and no one knows why.
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
- Bare your secrets on a public 'confession board' in Seattle
A confession board, made from a 6x10 piece of wood, is popping up sporadically around Seattle, and you can jot down your deepest darkest secrets and they will be posted for the world to see.
- Ring My Belle: The history of the Popsicle, revealed!
1. A new Dr Seuss book is coming out, after a half finished manuscript from the 50's or 60's was found in a box. 2. The history of the Popsicle, revealed! 3. Ghosting: the most cowardly way to dump your significant other.
Tuesday, July 21, 2015
- Why do you only drink tomato juice on airplanes?
Have you ever wondered why you order tomato juice on an airplane but rarely, or never on the ground? Studies have been done, and experts have weighed in on the phenomenon.
- Ring My Belle: The winner of a French Scrabble tournament doesn't speak a lick of French
1. $100 million is being privately invested in a mission to find life in another universe. 2. A writer says we should not use the phrase "ethic foods." 3. A guy from New Zealand won a French Scrabble tournament, without speaking a lick of French.
Monday, July 20, 2015
- Russell Wilson gets grilled by KIRO's Rachel Belle about his sexless statements and why he chose to Eat the Ball
Russell Wilson is now a spokesperson for a football shaped bread called Eat the Ball. But Rachel Belle took advantage of the press conference, and asked him the questions we've all been wondering.
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
- The first spectacular photos of Pluto, explained by a UW Carl Sagan Fellow
Nine years, three million miles and $700 million later, we are finally getting the very first high resolution photos of Pluto, thanks to a NASA spacecraft called New Horizons. Seattle astronomer Dr Sarah Ballard tells us what we're looking at and why this mission was so significant. Also - is Pluto a planet or not?!
Monday, July 13, 2015
- Fewer Americans are getting their pilots license, both recreationally and commercially
In the last five years alone, the number of Americans who have a pilot's license has dropped by 34,000. It's simply too expensive for most, plus the magic and excitement that used to surround air travel has subsided.
Friday, July 10, 2015
- Ring My Belle: In New York City: a hair braiding class for dads of daughters
1. On Tuesday we will see clear photos of Pluto for the first time! 2. A couple spent $100,000 to make sure their third child was a girl. 3. In New York, a class for dads on hair braiding. 4. Hallmark is in trouble. turn on the nostalgic music and send a few cards out, would ya?
Thursday, July 9, 2015
- A giant slip n' slide is coming to Queen Anne
Will it be the new Mercer mess?