Ring My Belle: Should teenagers be paid less than minimum wage? 1. Parents who haven't vaccinated their children are now having "Measles Parties."
2. A WA senator thinks we should pay teenagers less than the state minimum wage, that way more jobs will open up for them.
3. An editing maniac has made 47,000 correctional edits to Wikipedia, exclusive to one particular phrase.
Ring My Belle: Should professors and students be banned from dating? 1. Harvard has banned sexual and romantic relationships between students and professors. Is it fair to put limits on adults?
2. Some in WA state want new, teen drivers to put a special NEW DRIVER sticker on their car.
3. Frenemies will make you perform better at work.
4. You can now earn a scholarship for being really good at video games.
Beat the winter blues with an indoor beach at Seattle's Hedreen Gallery Two Seattle artists, interested in the idea that we are constantly bombarded with stimuli, created a 10x10 beach-in-a-box to bring some peace and calm to a normally busy day. Individuals can reserve time at the "beach" and spend some alone time on the heated floor, while listening to ocean waves and seagulls.
Ring My Belle: Laptops are a girl's best friend? 1. The jewelry business is slumping, and one hypothesis is that millennials no longer gift each other fine jewelry...they give technology instead.
2. Men and women eat hot sauce for different reasons.
3. The reason you're always late.
4. A guy in Mass built an igloo and you can rent it out for $10.
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Need to make bail? GoFundMe is the modern day bailbondsman Crowd funding websites like GoFundMe are used to raise money for anything you can think of, including bail money to get loved ones out of jail. An Illinois woman shares her story, about how GoFundMe got her mother out of jail, which basically saved her life.
Ring My Belle: A car for the man who walks 21 miles to work and back! 1. At a state Senate committee hearing in Olympia, people debated whether girls under 18 should have to notify their parents if they're having an abortion.
2. Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Bruce Jenner is transitioning into a woman.
3. A Detroit factory worker, who has walked 21 miles to and from work for years, is getting a car thanks to a GoFundMe started by a stranger.
4. A new study says that running too much is just as bad as not running at all.
Ring My Belle: Seattle's getting a pop-up cat cafe for Valentine's Day! 1. The smoking ban went into effect 10 years ago in WA, but some are fighting to bring indoor cigar smoking back.
2. Neverland Ranch is up for sale, and one potential buyer wants to turn it into a sexual abuse rehabilitation center.
3. A 50 year old woman says she gave up smiling 40 years ago so she won't get wrinkles.
4. Seattle is getting a pop-up cat cafe for Valentine's Day.