Ring My Belle: Chicago puts rats on birth control! 1. You can now reserve a spot on a ferry to the San Juan Islands months in advance.
2. A guy was kicked off an airplane this week for having a tantrum after a flight attendant wished him a Merry Christmas.
3. What happens to all those Christmas trees leftover in the lots?
4. Chicago's latest solution to their rat problem is to put all the rats on birth control!
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Seattle's Top Ten Toys chooses crafts and creativity over computers There is no "Frozen" merchandise at Top Ten Toys. No video games either. The store specializes in toys that are "Less violent, more educational, more multicultural, less sexist, more environmental, all of that politically correct stuff." We'll tell you the top selling toys of the year, most of them old classics.
Ring My Belle: Drinking while breastfeeding may be okay after all 1. New research says it's okay to drink alcohol when you're breast feeding.
2. Seattle's mayor wants more Tent Cities.
3. A teacher was fired for taking a bunch of students to Walmart to buy snacks. She even let a couple of students ride in the trunk.
4. A movie, made by a Seattle filmmaker, claims to be based-on-a-true story. But new evidence suggests the story wasn't true at all.
Friday, December 19, 2014
Ring My Belle: Dr Oz is 50% quack 1. New research says that half the medical claims that Dr Oz makes are not true.
2. Following the Sony hack, people are being advised to keep their own email accounts free from any info that could be hacked.
3. The Miss World competition will no longer have a swimsuit competition.
4. Yahoo's CEO apparently didn't want Gwyneth Paltrow writing a food column because she doesn't have a college degree.
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Ring My Belle: Amazon is now offering one hour delivery! 1. Amazon is now offering one hour delivery service in NYC.
2. A British woman raised $43,000 to help a homeless man who offered to give *her* money when she needed a cab ride home.
3. Six science proven tips to giving the perfect gift. And weird facts about insects.
4. A woman got her lost luggage returned 20 years later.
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Ring My Belle: Dead woman wants her healthy dog euthanized, cremated and buried with her 1. A dead woman's will requests that her healthy dog be euthanized and then cremated and buried with her body.
2. Two brothers, of opposite political leanings, got a surprise call from their mother on C-SPAN telling them to stop fighting.
3. The young man who was looking for a a woman named Elizabeth to go on an around-the-world trip with him found his gal.
4. Never go on a diet with your partner. It won't work for one of you.
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
To Tweet or Not to Tweet: When is it ok for local government to say no to social media? A Seattle woman, attending King County committee meetings, was told she was no longer allowed to live Tweet the meetings. She feels like her 1st Amendment rights are violated. But the county said they wanted to create a trusting environment where everyone was focused on the task at hand. Just because it is legal and "normal" to post everything to social media, does it mean we should always be allowed to do so?
Maybe Marshawn Lynch is just an introvert Marshawn Lynch is famous for dodging interviews. He's dodged so many the NFL has fined him $100,000. But what if he's not just trying to rebel or hide from his fans, maybe he's just an introvert who isn't comfortable with public speaking and sharing all of his thoughts and feelings with the world? Susan Cain, the country's leading introvert expert, helps us understand the mind of an introvert.
Ring My Belle: Seattleites buy more books than anyone in the country 1. The NY Times examined Americans buying habits and found that Seattle spends 68% more than the national average annually on books.
2. A 17 year old NY boy claims to have made $72 million, working the stock market during lunch.
3. Nike's chief information officer moved from London to Portland, OR to take the job, but recently resigned because Portland was far too boring for his taste.
4. Barbara Walters names Amal Clooney as the Most Fascinating Person of 2014, based entirely on the fact that she married George Clooney.
Friday, December 12, 2014
Ring My Belle: Found: Paul Revere's time capsule from 1795! 1. Construction workers in Boston hit on a time capsule from 1795, that's believed to belong to Samuel Adams and Paul Revere.
2. Michelle Dugger, of "19 Kids and Counting" helped reverse a decision that would have protected people from workplace discrimination in Arkansas.
3. A Korean Airlines executive was fired after she went...nuts on a plane because her macadamia nuts came in a bag, rather than on a plate.
4. A new pop-up bar in Michigan is alcohol free.
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
How to save a Seattle building from condo fate Seattle is the fastest growing city in America, and many of the city's beautiful buildings have been demolished to make room for newer, bigger condo buildings. Here we explore how to save a building by making it a city approved historic landmark.
Ring My Belle: The pope says all dogs go to heaven! 1. Pope Francis says all animals will go to heaven.
2. Some therapists are prescribing cooking and baking for depression.
3. A Harvard Business School professor wants to take legal action against a Chinese restaurant that he says overcharged him.
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Ring My Belle: New Trend: Dying armpit hair bright, punky colors 1. Our state may start taxing us based on how many miles we drive.
2. Someone has purchased the Paseo sandwich shop for $91,000, it comes with everything but the beloved recipes.
3. A new trend, that some think was started by a Seattle hair stylist: dying your armpit hair bright colors.