Thursday, August 6, 2015
- Ring My Belle: Rachel's Rat: a 3 Day Saga
1. The saga of Rachels' rat problem continues. 2. Alaska Airlines is experimenting with using fingerprint scans instead of boarding passes. 3. Jennifer Aniston got secretly married, and TMZ creepily figured it out. 4. A 2 year old was nearly kidnapped from her own, fenced in backyard this week.
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
- Did the Internet make travel agents extinct?
Now that booking flights and trips online is a breeze, does anyone still use a travel agent? The short answer: yes. And it sounds like they can save you loads of money.
- Ring My Belle: Netflix is giving moms and dads a year of paid family leave
1. Netflix is giving both new moms and new dads an entire year of paid paternity leave. 2. A 19 year old guy has to register as a sex offender for the next 25 years after having sex with a 14 year old girl who lied about her age. 3. Kermit and Miss Piggy broke up! 4. Whole Foods was selling asparagus water!
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
- Edith Macefield's Ballard 'Up House' is moving to Orcas Island
Edith Macefield's 115-year-old home has been donated to Opal, a nonprofit that provides affordable housing to people on Orcas Island. If they can raise enough money, the house will be moved on a barge and renovated to look like Edith's original home.
- Ring My Belle: A 110 year old woman says lots of booze is what's kept her alive so long
1. Seattle is the 7th rattiest city in America! 2. Seattle's mayor wants to shut down all of the city's hookah lounges. 3. If you get red eyes from swimming in a pool, it's not from chlorine. It's from urine. 4. A 110 year old woman says she's drank 3 beers and a shot every day, got 70 years.
Monday, August 3, 2015
- A 'Silicon Valley' actor uses his TV character's skills to judge a Microsoft start-up contest
Three hundred and thirty thousand college students, from 100 countries, competed in Imagine Cup, Microsoft's start-up competition. And they got Silicon Valley's Thomas Middleditch to be a judge.
- Ring My Belle: Brrrr! Why women are freezing their summer buns off in office buildings
1. HitchBot, the hitchhiking robot, traveled through three countries without problem, and then it arrives in America... 2. Seattle Met magazine says Seattle has a major cook shortage. 3. In the summer, offices crank the air conditioning, but it's mostly women who are freezing.
Thursday, July 30, 2015
- A new Seattle B&B caters to pot enthusiasts
If you bring your own pot, 7 Leaf Bed and Breakfast will let you vape it on the premises and a chef will whip it into gourmet meals and cocktails.
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
- Ring My Belle: Macklemore says the stresses of fame caused him to fall off the wagon
1. A postman connects a 12 year old boy with 100's of books after he finds out he has nothing to read but junk mail. 2. A new start-up connects high school seniors with college kids who take them on university tours. 3. Macklemore talks about how the stresses of fame caused him to fall off the wagon.
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
- Ring My Belle: For the 1st time, Chuck Taylor's have a new design & they're COMFORTABLE!
1. A California man is suing Conan O'Brien for stealing his jokes off Twitter. 2. A man dies, leaving his daughters millions. Only, to get the money they must meet certain achievements he's laid out for them. 3. For the 1st time in their 98 year existence, Converse's Chuck Taylor's have a new design, and they're actually comfortable. 4. You can now vape caffeine.
Monday, July 27, 2015
- A new line of reversible clothing with no tags or buttons is perfect for kids with autism
A former CNN anchor came up with Independence Day Clothing after watching her autistic son struggle for 45 minutes to get dressed. None of her clothes have a front or a back, they are reversible and have no irritating tags, buttons or zippers.
- Ring My Belle: The ever-expanding introvert empire of Susan Cain
1. A woman who educated America about The Introvert, continues to expand her introverted empire. 2. The first episode of Caitlin Jenner's new reality show, 'I Am Cait' premiered on E!. 3. A depressing update about a woman who gave birth in the woods of northern CA last month and started a forest fire.
Thursday, July 23, 2015
- Ring My Belle: Vegas weddings have lost their luster and popularity
1. NASA is reporting that their Kepler Mission has discovered a 'Bigger, Older Cousin to Earth.' 2. In Southern California, cops are pretending to be homeless people at on-ramps, to catch texters. 3. There's a decline in Vegas weddings and no one knows why.
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
- Bare your secrets on a public 'confession board' in Seattle
A confession board, made from a 6x10 piece of wood, is popping up sporadically around Seattle, and you can jot down your deepest darkest secrets and they will be posted for the world to see.
- Ring My Belle: The history of the Popsicle, revealed!
1. A new Dr Seuss book is coming out, after a half finished manuscript from the 50's or 60's was found in a box. 2. The history of the Popsicle, revealed! 3. Ghosting: the most cowardly way to dump your significant other.