Tuesday, December 8, 2015
- Ring My Belle:
1. A letter from the ex-wife of Scott Weiland, of Stone Temple Pilot fame, asking fans not to glorify his death. 2. Single moms with kids are moving in together to make life easier. 3. In Hollywood, people have been lined up for the Star Wars movie since Sunday. It doesn't come out until December 17th. Damn.
Monday, December 7, 2015
- A colorblind Tacoma teen sees new colors for the first time, with EnChroma glasses
Thirteen year old Eli Robinson is colorblind. But thanks to special glasses made by EnChroma, he was able to see all the colors of the rainbow for the first time. Rachel Belle was at Tacoma's Museum of Glass the first time he tried them on.
Friday, December 4, 2015
- Ring My Belle: Who is on the cover of Playboy's very last nude issue?
1. A newborn gorilla at the Woodland Park Zoo is being rejected by her mother. We find out why. 2. The first historic home in Fort Lawton, in Discovery Park, sold for about a million dollars, that's $50,000 above asking price. 3. Playboy is publishing it's last nudie issue, and they chose Pamela Anderson for the cover.
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
- Stories from teen refugees in Tukwila, highlight the Syrian refugee crisis
Tukwila's Foster High School is in one of the most diverse school districts in the country, and Carrie Stradley's ELL class is full of kids from around the globe, most of them refugees. As Americans debate whether Syrian refugees should be allowed into our country, to escape death and danger, these young refugees are feeling appreciative for the freedom and safety they have in the United States.
- Ring My Belle: A magazine cover featuring Kylie Jenner in a wheelchair enrages a Seattle woman who uses one to get around
1. Seattle musician Mindie Lind speaks out against the latest cover of "Interview" magazine, featuring an able bodied Kylie Jenner in a wheelchair. 2. Chimps can cook, if you give them the tools. 3. David Spade tells Conan the backstory of Chris Farley's famous, "Fat man in a little coat."
Monday, November 30, 2015
- Ring My Belle: Is Amy Schumer a hero because she posed nearly nude?
1. I had salmon for Thanksgiving and it was A-ok! 2. Amy Schumer was photographed, wearing next to nothing, by Annie Leibowitz for the new Pirelli 2016 Calendar. 3. George Lucas says he hasn't gone online in 15 years, because he can't take the criticism.
- Every Little Counts: A benefit concert for MusiCares, by legendary Seattle DJ Marco Collins
Legendary Seattle DJ Marco Collins has struggled with addiction for decades, and credits the non-profit MusiCares for helping him get clean, sober and stay alive. To give back, he's producing a benefit show for MusiCares at Neumos on Thursday, December 3rd.
Friday, November 27, 2015
- It's the Holiday Season.
Candy tells her awkward Thanksgiving story; and according to Nicole its officially acceptable to play Christmas music since Thanksgiving is over. She shares a couple classic tunes with some interesting facts attached.
Thursday, November 26, 2015
- Local Cider
This edition of Ring My Belle discuss the art of local hard cider brewing.
Monday, November 23, 2015
- Write an ethical will to pass on family values and traditions
A Seattle rabbi teaches us about an ethical will: "It's basically a letter that we write to the people we care about most, the people we love, to pass on our values, or wisdom and our love," says Seattle rabbi Elana Zaiman.
Thursday, November 19, 2015
- Zero energy homeowners in Issaquah get checks, not bills, from the electric company
Issaquah Highlands' zHomes are some of the most energy efficient in the country. They can actually produce energy rather than use it. The homes also use 70% less water than the average house.
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
- With Phox, you'll never have to give out a fake phone number again
If you've ever given out a fake phone number at a bar, Phox might be for you. Developed by a Redmond-based company, Phox gives your mobile a second, public, number to give out to people you may not trust with your personal line.
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
- The world's best kitchen knives are hand forged in Olympia
Olympia's Bob Kramer makes the most coveted chef knives in the world, sometimes spending a month handcrafting a custom made tool. Rachel Belle visited his workshop.
Monday, November 16, 2015
- New Hello Kitty Exhibit opens at Seattle's EMP!
The EMP opens "Hello! Exploring the Supercute World of Hello Kitty" featuring more than 500 items of Hello Kitty history from the '70s on, including toilet paper, braces and a Hello Kitty dress worn by Lady Gaga.
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
- Music For Cats: your cat's new favorite album
A lifetime musician, David Teie wanted to create music for all species to enjoy. Through research, he created music that hits a cats' ear perfectly & they react very positively too. Don't believe me? Test out the sample track on your cat.