A Seattle veteran is trying to create the next ice bucket challenge Since Seattle veteran Andrew Myers posted a video of himself catching a burglar, trying to enter his home, it's racked up nearly four million views. He's trying to take advantage of the Internet attention by raising money for Paws and Stripes, a non-profit that matches veterans with PTSD with life saving service dogs.
Ring My Belle: Girl Scout Cookies are going online! 1. A GOP staffer resigned today after calling President Obama's daughters names on the Internet.
2. In New York, a dinner has homeless people dining with rich people.
3. Girl Scout cookies can now be purchased online.
4. Singer Susan Boyle went on her first date, at the age of 53.
Ring My Belle: Seattle homeless getting free wifi 1. Reporters seem to purposely get in the line of tear gas fire in Ferguson.
2. City of Seattle to provide free wifi to homeless people living at Tent City.
3. Government is now requiring all chain restaurants, movie theaters and amusement parks to clearly post nutritional information on its menus.
Monday, November 24, 2014
A Seattle woman is writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days, while the public watches Every November, hundreds of thousands of people challenge themselves to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days for NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. But Gabriela Frank is doing it with a twist. She's set up a living room in the Seattle Public Library, and the public can watch her write the novel, in real time, on a big screen.
Ring My Belle: Seattle's mayor pardons a Tofurkey! 1. Is Seattle councilwoman Kshama Sawant a diva?
2. Switzerland's Bern Art Museum has agreed to accept hundreds of pieces of art, left to them by a German Nazi-era art hoarder.
3. Budweiser is no longer King of Beers.
4. Seattle's mayor pardoned a Tofurkey. Two, actually.
Friday, November 21, 2014
Ring My Belle: A 100 year old Tennessee woman visits the ocean for the first time 1. The Marysville-Pilchuck High School drama club removed all gun violence from the play they're putting on.
2. A 100 year old woman sees the ocean for the first time.
3. In Venice, Italy roller suitcases will be banned because of noise pollution.
4. Jimmy Kimmel is back with the eighth edition of Celebrities Read Mean Tweets.
Thursday, November 20, 2014
Seattle singer Mindie Lind on Cripp Culture and why she doesn't need your help Mindie Lind is the singer of Seattle band Inly, who you might see cruising around town on her skateboard. Born without legs, Mindie is an advocate of Cripp Culture: showing the world that disabled people are about more than just their disability. There's a culture of art, music, design and sexuality that can't be defined by the symbol of the blue guy in the wheelchair.
Ring My Belle: Birth control pills could save or destroy your marriage 1. In Seattle's Central District, a woman is nearly attacked by a man who was cat calling her.
2. Birth control pills, or lack thereof, may be controlling how attracted you are to your mate.
3. New research says most people who identify as alcoholics probably aren't. You simply drink way too much.
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo to send its elephants to another zoo Today Woodland Park Zoo announced it would be phasing out it's elephant program, and sending its two Asian elephants to another zoo. But this does not sit well with the elephant advocacy group, Friends of Woodland Park Zoo Elephants. They says the elephants need to go to a sanctuary where they can have room to roam.
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Seattle's "James Franco Review" gives all writers celebrity status Last Spring a prestigious publishing house published a book of poetry by actor James Franco. It was met with mediocre reviews and a ton of publicity. This got a Vashon Island writer thinking: what if everyone could submit their work as James Franco? Would we all have a fair shot at being published? So she created a literary magazine called the James Franco Review.
Ring My Belle: 80 year old Charles Manson is set to marry a 26 year old woman 1. A Pierce County Council committee moved forward a measure that would require strip club dancers to go through a training program.
2. 80 year old Charles Manson is set to marry a 26 year old woman.
3. Students at BYU are trying to make beards legal on campus.
4. Last week Sir Mix a Lot said "Baby Got Back" was inspired by Jennifer Lopez....but now it seems like that couldn't be true.
Monday, November 17, 2014
Ring My Belle: Grimm's Fairytales are getting grimmer! 1. A Seattle veteran catches a guy who had broken into his home, and they fight, on camera, and now the world can watch.
2. Fuel prices are down, so why are airline prices still rising?
3. The Grimm's fairytales we know, that many Disney films are based on, are not the original gruesome tales written by the brothers in 1812. Now, for the first time, the original stories are available.
4. An Australian anchorman wore the same suit every day for a year, and no one noticed. It was part of a social experiment.