What's that noise?! Seattle Foley artists bring life to movies & video games Seattle Foley artist, Jamie Hunsdale, and sound designer Brendan Hogan live in a world of audio. They add everything from footsteps to avalanches to films and video games, creating all of the sounds themselves. Here they share some trade secrets. That fox walking on snow? That's actually a paperclip on a frozen pizza.
Ring My Belle: A Seattle dog who rides the bus solo to the dog park 1. Seattle is now focusing on Johns, not just prostitutes.
2. Kurt Cobain's suicide note has been printed onto tshirts and hats, and they're being sold online.
3. A smart dog ditches his owner to ride the bus to the dog park. He knows the stop to get off at!
4. Fewer kids are reading for fun and experts say the key to getting them to read is to read to them.
Monday, January 12, 2015
Ring My Belle: New company makes eulogies for the living 1. If you weren't born in Seattle, you'll never really belong here.
2. A new start-up allows people to do video eulogies for the living.
3. There's no such thing as a seahawk. See? Even my computer's dictionary didn't recognize it!
4. The Pope is a-okay with breastfeeding at the Sistine Chapel.
Old School: Kirkland First Graders Are Using Typewriters Kids in Brad Coulter's first grade class at Kirkland's Lakeview Elementary school go back in time every day for an hour. He has dug up a typewriter for each student in the class, and that's how they complete their daily writing assignments. Mr Coulter says he's not a hipster, the typewriters motivate the kids to write.
Ring My Belle: Man spends $500 on a procedure to keep his constipated goldfish alive 1. A 7 year old girl is the sole survivor of a plane crash, and she manages to walk barefoot through the woods to find help.
2. A British man spends $500 on a procedure to keep his beloved goldfish alive.
3. Writer and producer Judd Apatow sent a spec script to The Simpsons in 1990, but it was ignored. But the current producer got wind, and his script will become a real episode on January 11th.
4. There are so many craft breweries, that they have run out of names for the beers. And copycats are getting sued.
Friday, January 2, 2015
Ring My Belle: Detoxes don't work! In fact, they make you less healthy. 1. New research says that 2/3 of cancers are not connected to genetics and health, they are a result of bad luck.
2. Some parents are calling the police over to watch them spank their children.
3. Detoxes don't work. In fact, they actually make you less healthy.
4. Teenagers today have fewer friends, but are less lonely, than teens in 1991.
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
A Seattle sushi chef on Japanese New Year traditions For Americans, New Year's Eve is the big party. But in Japan it's all about New Year's Day with family and food. People traditionally eat osechi-ryōri, lacquer boxes filled with dozens of small delicacies. In Seattle, chef/owner of Sushi Kappo Tamura, Taichi Kitamura and his crew have been preparing osechi for the last month. He explains the symbolism of the foods inside the lacquer boxes.
Ring My Belle: A new dating website encourages users to reveal their deepest flaws Featuring The Barbershop!
1. A neighborly spat ends with a lawsuit and a stalking arrest.
2. A new dating website, Settle For Love, asks people to post their less than desirable traits in the name of honesty.
3. Neighbors in Seattle's Ballard neighborhood aren't happy with the idea of a place where the homeless can wash their clothes and shower.
4. John Mayer helped wreck Giada De Laurentiis's marriage?
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
Ring My Belle: What does the word "feminist" even mean? 1. The CIA reveals that half of the UFOs reported in the 50's and 60's was actually them.
2. People who exaggerate or lie on Facebook eventually start remembering those lies as truths.
3. Actress Kaley Cuoco says she's not a feminist because she likes to cook for her husband. Does the word even have meaning anymore?
Monday, December 29, 2014
Ring My Belle: Most Seattle kids have a married mom and dad 1. Seattle has more nuclear families than any other city in the nation.
2. Eggs are about to get more expensive, so that the chickens have more room to roam.
3. New trend in Japan: marrying yourself!
4. A "buffet economist" says the more you pay for a buffet the more satisfied you will be.
Friday, December 26, 2014
Ring My Belle: Chicago puts rats on birth control! 1. You can now reserve a spot on a ferry to the San Juan Islands months in advance.
2. A guy was kicked off an airplane this week for having a tantrum after a flight attendant wished him a Merry Christmas.
3. What happens to all those Christmas trees leftover in the lots?
4. Chicago's latest solution to their rat problem is to put all the rats on birth control!
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Seattle's Top Ten Toys chooses crafts and creativity over computers There is no "Frozen" merchandise at Top Ten Toys. No video games either. The store specializes in toys that are "Less violent, more educational, more multicultural, less sexist, more environmental, all of that politically correct stuff." We'll tell you the top selling toys of the year, most of them old classics.
Ring My Belle: Drinking while breastfeeding may be okay after all 1. New research says it's okay to drink alcohol when you're breast feeding.
2. Seattle's mayor wants more Tent Cities.
3. A teacher was fired for taking a bunch of students to Walmart to buy snacks. She even let a couple of students ride in the trunk.
4. A movie, made by a Seattle filmmaker, claims to be based-on-a-true story. But new evidence suggests the story wasn't true at all.