Tuesday, January 26, 2016
- Seattle's Morning News Highlights - January 26, 2016
An update on the Derrick Coleman hit-and-run case; Traffic Chokepoint: Sea-Tac cell phone lot; Oregon standoff update; germs at dog parks; Sports Insider Danny O'Neill; David Fahrenthold with a presidential campaign update.
Monday, January 25, 2016
- Christopher Budd on the Ashley Madison hack and the Internet of Things
First comes the breach, then comes the blackmail. Cybersecurity expert Christopher Budd has the Asheley Madison update
- Seattle's Morning News Highlights - January 25, 2016
Jill Schlesinger on the economy; Christopher Budd on the hacking of smart appliances; Anjeanette Damon on Tesla; Sports Insider Danny O'Neill; Trey Kay on being stuck in a car for over 24 hours during the northeast blizzard.
- Trey Kay on surviving the east coast blizzard stuck on the PA Turnpike for a day
Trey Kay from the Us & Them podcast details his experience stuck in his car in a blizzard for 24-plus hours
Friday, January 22, 2016
- Jeff Gilbert on "death-proof" Volvos
We ask WWJ reporter Jeff Gilbert about Volvo's claims that its cars will be death-proof by 2020
- Randy Dorn on failing to pay for education
We ask WA Superintendent Randy Dorn about the state legislature's admission that there won't be movement on paying for basic education this session
- Randy Dorn: Lawmakers are playing kick the can
It's very unlikely state lawmakers will find a way to fully fund basic education without increasing taxes.
- 'We're not all criminals' says Everett man living in RV
The fight between RV-dwellers and Seattle homeowners has reached the suburbs.
- The Oscars don't have a problem, Hollywood does
Film critic Tom Tangney argues that the Oscars aren't discriminating against black actors and actresses, but there is a problem in Hollywood.
- Seattle Morning News Highlights - January 22, 2016
Sleep duration and food consumption - a correlation; John Dickerson, host of Face the Nation; RV parking backlash; Sports Insider Danny O'Neill; State Superintendent Randy Dorn with a McCleary update; Volvo promises "deathproof" cars by 2020.
Thursday, January 21, 2016
- Ross and McKenna Conversation on the Uber beating lawsuit
An Uber passenger who beat up his driver is now suing the driver over the recording of the incident. Former WA Atty General Rob McKenna joins us
- Bad Astronomer Phil Plait on what might be a new 9th planet
Phil Plait, the Bad Astronomer, fills us in on the possibility that there's a full-sized planet out there past Pluto
- Seattle's Morning News Highlights - January 21, 2016
A possible increase in the legal smoking age; author and teacher of Social Marketing Nancy Lee on a different approach to legislation; Washington University St. Louis sociologist Jake Rosenfeld on equal pay in the workplace; Sports Insider Danny O'Neill; "The Bad Astronomer" Phil Plait on a possible "new" planet; Chokepoint: left-lane campers.
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
- The hidden heavy metal history of Kirkland
It was the dawn of '80s big hair and heavy metal, and one fateful day in Kirkland with metal legends, and a legend to-be, lives on.
- Governor Jay Inslee on the stalled Bertha tunnel project
Governor Jay Inslee joins us live with a status update on the world's largest tunnel-boring machine, and the Hwy99 tunnel