Friday, August 14, 2015
- McKenna: Legislature failed to do its homework
KIRO Radio political analyst Rob McKenna says the legislature's latest efforts to fund education are like a student who gave an answer but didn't show any work.
- 12th Man to get even louder thanks to new CenturyLink Field seating section
Take a tour of the new Toyota Fan Deck at CenturyLink Field
- Michael Medved reviews 'Straight Outta Compton'
Michael Medved reviews the biographic film about iconic hip-hop group NWA.
- August 14, 2015 - Hour: 1
Seattle's Morning News Highlights: El Nino forecast; new seat section at CenturyLink Field; Rob McKenna on McCleary Decision demands; Michael Medved reviews "Straight Outta Compton"; Sports Insider Danny O'Neil; Chokepoint with Chris Sullivan.
Thursday, August 13, 2015
- August 13, 2015 - Hour: 1
Seattle's Morning News Highlights: prescription drug prices; Rob McKenna on Trump; Chokepoint with Chris Sullivan; Politicians: Myth vs Humanity; Sports Insider Danny O'Neil; Dave Niehaus tribute.
Wednesday, August 12, 2015
- The battle to name Mount Rainier and the beer it inspired
Historian Feliks Banel discusses the first successful climb of Mount Rainier 145 years ago, the battle to name it, and the beer it inspired.
- Are tiny houses a solution to homelessness?
You think those new 200-square foot apartments are small? How about 60 square feet?
- August 12, 2015 - Hour: 1
Seattle's Morning News Highlights: The Mercer Mess; Feliks Banel on the naming of Mt. Rainier; vandalism at Tacoma Museum of Glass; proper lawn sprinkling; does having a child make one happier?; can micro-housing reduce homelessness?
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
- Next step, cyborgs? How technology has become a part of us
For many, a sense of self has become intertwined with technology and we don't feel like ourselves without smart phones, laptops, tablets, Facebook, and more. It's now called "IT Identity."
- August 11, 2015 - Hour: 1
Seattle's Morning News Highlights: Cold case involving kids; hookah bars; misplaced cell phone identity crisis; Chokepoint with Chris Sullivan; David Fahrenthold has a campaign 2016 update; video games for dogs.
Monday, August 10, 2015
- Buyer beware: Prostitution crimes in Seattle
While Amnesty International may begin advocating for decriminalization of prostitution world-wide, Seattle's city attorney prefers a different approach.
- Seattle closing 11 hookah bars in response to violence
Seattle is preparing to take down hookah lounges across the city, citing ongoing problems with violent crime stemming from the businesses.
- August 10, 2015 - Hour: 1
Seattle's Morning News Highlights: Bernie Sanders rally interrupted; potential decriminalization of sex-work industry; clerk refuses gay marriage license; Michael Calhoun on Michael Brown death anniversary; Mark Lindquist recall effort; free clinic at Key Arena.
Friday, August 7, 2015
- David Boze's GOP debate frontrunner
After the GOP debate, David Boze chooses a frontrunner.
- Jamie Moyer reflects on a career of proving people wrong
Jamie Moyer reflects on his record setting career ahead of his Mariners Hall of Fame induction