Thursday, January 21, 2016
- Ross and McKenna Conversation on the Uber beating lawsuit
An Uber passenger who beat up his driver is now suing the driver over the recording of the incident. Former WA Atty General Rob McKenna joins us
- Bad Astronomer Phil Plait on what might be a new 9th planet
Phil Plait, the Bad Astronomer, fills us in on the possibility that there's a full-sized planet out there past Pluto
- Seattle's Morning News Highlights - January 21, 2016
A possible increase in the legal smoking age; author and teacher of Social Marketing Nancy Lee on a different approach to legislation; Washington University St. Louis sociologist Jake Rosenfeld on equal pay in the workplace; Sports Insider Danny O'Neill; "The Bad Astronomer" Phil Plait on a possible "new" planet; Chokepoint: left-lane campers.
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
- The hidden heavy metal history of Kirkland
It was the dawn of '80s big hair and heavy metal, and one fateful day in Kirkland with metal legends, and a legend to-be, lives on.
- Governor Jay Inslee on the stalled Bertha tunnel project
Governor Jay Inslee joins us live with a status update on the world's largest tunnel-boring machine, and the Hwy99 tunnel
- Frank Catalano on Minecraft's educational value
Geekwire's Frank Catalano joins us to discuss the educational possibilities when Microsoft starts giving Minecraft to teachers for free
- Seattle's Morning News Highlights - January 20, 2016
Historian Feliks Banel on Kirkland's heavy metal supermarket; Geekwire's Frank Catalano on Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft; the standoff in rural Oregon; Sports Insider Danny O'Neill; Governor Jay Inslee on the future of Bertha the boring machine.
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
- David Fahrenthold on Trump's chances in Iowa
Washington Post reporter David Fahrenthold joins us as the Trump campaign promises a "major announcement" in Iowa
- Seattle's Morning News Highlights - January 19, 2016
Republican state Senators are hitting the Department of Corrections hard; a warning over the stalled Highway 99 tunnel project; Casey Kasem custody bills; Sports Insider Danny O'Neill; campaign update with David Fahrenthold; Chokepoint: varying opinions of the new 405 toll lanes.
Monday, January 18, 2016
- Siddhartha Roy on Flint, Michigan's poisonous water
Siddhartha Roy with Virginia Tech's Flint Water Study tells about Flint, Michigan's poisonous tap water, and how it could have been avoided
- Remembering Dr. MLK Jr.'s only visit to Seattle
MLK's only visit to Seattle has powerful,lasting impact
- Seattle's Morning News Highlights - January 18, 2016
Putting Bertha in perspective; Christopher Budd on the latest data breach; Airbus using local engineering firm; poison water in Flint, MI; looking back at Martin Luther King, Jr.'s historic visit to Seattle; Sports Insider Danny O'Neill recaps the Seahawks loss.
Friday, January 15, 2016
- Face the Nation's John Dickerson on Trump v Cruz
John Dickerson, host of Face the Nation, gives us his take on the South Carolina debate
- Seahawks give dying fan his best day ever
Battling ALS, lifelong Seahawks fan Dan Rickman doesn't know how many good days he has left. But thanks to the Seahawks, for one afternoon he had his best day.
- Seattle's Morning News Highlights - January 15, 2016
John Dickerson on Trump vs. Cruz; Tom Tangney reviews "Anomalisa"; Blue Friday sing-along; Bertha officially at a standstill; Sports Insider Danny O'Neill; Seahawks' charitable efforts; privacy and body cams.