Monday, September 14, 2015
- September 14, 2015 - Hour: 1
Seattle's Morning News Highlights: former Marine Kyleanne Hunter; campaign update re: Carly Fiorina; Mike Lyons on the Marine female combat study; Seattle teachers' strike update; wildfire advice for next year; Gee Scott on the Seahawks loss.
Friday, September 11, 2015
- Day three of the Seattle teacher strike
Seattle teachers remain on strike as negotiations are stalled between the union and Seattle Public Schools.
- Growing up Carroll
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll goes to work each day with his two sons, also coaches for the Seattle football team.
- Chokepoint: Seattle closes down 46 city blocks
Seattle is closing down 46 city blocks in the Central District to make a brief car-free zone promoting walking, biking, running and other pedestrian activity.
- When art and the Seahawks collide, children benefit
After decades, artist Keegan Allen picked his pencil back up and began drawing again. Now he's a Seahawks favorite, working with Richard Sherman for a good cause.
- Michael Medved reviews films 'The Visit' and 'Sleeping with Other People'
Michael Medved reviews two films including the latest M. Night Shyamalan's "The Visit" and adult comedy "Sleeping with Other People."
- September 11, 2015 - Hour: 1
Seattle's Morning News Highlights: Pete Carroll and sons; teachers' strike; Michael Medved reviews "The Visit"; Sports Insider Danny O'Neil; traffic chokepoint; Mike Lyons on ISIS.
Thursday, September 10, 2015
- The controversy that has rocked the poetry world
A white writer used an Asian pen-name to get his poem included in an anthology. How Northwest writer Sherman Alexie got caught in the middle of the controversy.
- State Supreme Court's decision on charter schools goes to far
State Supreme Court's decision on charter schools goes to far
- Seahawks history: The very first Seahawks game
Historian Feliks Banel talks about the first official Seahawks regular season game against St. Louis.
- Seattle's preferred housing trend for tech workers comes under scrutiny
Housing advocates and the NAACP weigh in on how preferred housing for Seattle's tech workers is discriminating and harming diversity.
- September 10, 2015 - Hour: 1
Seattle's Morning News Highlights: "Paystub-ism"; Pasco shooting; Rob McKenna on charter schools; traffic chokepoint; Sports Insider Danny O'Neil; Jillian Raftery on the Seattle teachers' strike.
Wednesday, September 9, 2015
- Seattle charter school remains open despite Supreme Court ruling
In the wake of a Supreme Court ruling that stated Washington charter schools are unconstitutional, one Seattle charter continues to keep students and teachers in class.
- Seattle teacher on strike speaks from the picket line
The first day of school didn't happen in Seattle as teachers went to picket lines instead of classrooms. The school board prepares for legal action.
- September 9, 2015 - Hour: 1
Seattle's Morning News Highlights: Stephen Portnoy on Iran; charter schools; Jillian Raftery on the Seattle teachers' strike; Josh Kerns on childcare during strike; Sports Insider; Feliks Banel on the Seahawks first game; striking teacher Kit McCormick.