Sunday, March 1, 2015
- KIRO Radio Weekends with Mark Rahner - 2/28 - Hour 2
February 28, 2014 -- Hour 2
Thursday, February 26, 2015
- International hostage negotiator on bringing prisoners home safely
It's been three days since local missionary Phyllis Sortor was abducted from a school where she taught in Nigeria. Kidnappers have demanded a $300,000 ransom for her return. But how do you negotiate for the release of a mother, sister, and friend being held by armed men threatening her safety? It's a process the British security firm Terra Firma Risk Management knows well. KIRO Radio's Libby Denkmann reports.
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
- Neighbors fight for lake access
Seattle residents are fighting for Lake Washington access
Sunday, February 22, 2015
- KIRO Radio Weekends with Mark Rahner - 2/21 - Hour 1
February 21, 2014 -- Hour 1
- KIRO Radio Weekends with Mark Rahner - 2/21 - Hour 2
February 21, 2014 -- Hour 2
Thursday, February 19, 2015
- Protesters seek answers in Pasco police shooting
Protests continue in Pasco, in the aftermath of the shooting of an unarmed, mentally ill, migrant worker. KIRO Radio's Libby Denkmann spoke with some of the residents still looking for answers.
- WSDOT on Seattle tunnel: 'Together, we are going to complete this job'
KIRO Radio's Brandi Kruse asked WSDOT Deputy Program Administrator Matt Preedy whether the Seattle tunnel project could survive if Bertha, the tunnel boring machine, were to break down again.
- Protesters seek answers in Pasco
Protesters are looking for answers after a fatal police shooting in Pasco.
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
- Mexican consul in Seattle responds to fatal shooting of orchard worker by Pasco police
KIRO Radio’s Brandi Kruse spoke with Eduardo Baca, Consul of Mexico in Seattle, about the fatal police shooting of a Mexican national in Pasco, Washington. Antonio Zambrano-Montes, a 35-year-old orchard worker and undocumented immigrant, is suspected of throwing rocks at officers shortly before they shot and killed him on February 10. Kruse asked Baca about his response to the shooting and whether it is hypocritical of the Mexican government to condemn the incident as excessive force given the country’s history of corruption and police violence.
Sunday, February 15, 2015
- KIRO Radio Weekends with Mark Rahner - 2/14 - Hour 1
February 14, 2014 -- Hour 1
- KIRO Radio Weekends with Mark Rahner - 2/14 - Hour 2
February 14, 2014 -- Hour 2
Thursday, February 12, 2015
- Yes, even The Grand Poobah of Powder is pessimistic about the rest of ski season
Pacific Northwest skiers know: The key to a great season is deep winter snow and a long, chilly spring. But snowy days have been so few and far between this year, one local mountain already had to close up shop. And as Libby Denkmann reports, it's taking a toll on local businesses.
Sunday, February 8, 2015
- KIRO Radio Weekends with Mark Rahner - 2/7 - Hour 1
February 7, 2014 -- Hour 1
- KIRO Radio Weekends with Mark Rahner - 2/7 - Hour 2
February 7, 2014 -- Hour 2
- Mark Rahner Interview with Elliott Serrano
Mark interviews Red Eye columnist Elliott Serrano about the new Star Wars exhibit at the EMP.