Sunday, February 22, 2015
- KIRO Radio Weekends with Mark Rahner - 2/21 - Hour 2
February 21, 2014 -- Hour 2
Thursday, February 19, 2015
- Protesters seek answers in Pasco police shooting
Protests continue in Pasco, in the aftermath of the shooting of an unarmed, mentally ill, migrant worker. KIRO Radio's Libby Denkmann spoke with some of the residents still looking for answers.
- WSDOT on Seattle tunnel: 'Together, we are going to complete this job'
KIRO Radio's Brandi Kruse asked WSDOT Deputy Program Administrator Matt Preedy whether the Seattle tunnel project could survive if Bertha, the tunnel boring machine, were to break down again.
- Protesters seek answers in Pasco
Protesters are looking for answers after a fatal police shooting in Pasco.
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
- Mexican consul in Seattle responds to fatal shooting of orchard worker by Pasco police
KIRO Radio’s Brandi Kruse spoke with Eduardo Baca, Consul of Mexico in Seattle, about the fatal police shooting of a Mexican national in Pasco, Washington. Antonio Zambrano-Montes, a 35-year-old orchard worker and undocumented immigrant, is suspected of throwing rocks at officers shortly before they shot and killed him on February 10. Kruse asked Baca about his response to the shooting and whether it is hypocritical of the Mexican government to condemn the incident as excessive force given the country’s history of corruption and police violence.
Sunday, February 15, 2015
- KIRO Radio Weekends with Mark Rahner - 2/14 - Hour 1
February 14, 2014 -- Hour 1
- KIRO Radio Weekends with Mark Rahner - 2/14 - Hour 2
February 14, 2014 -- Hour 2
Thursday, February 12, 2015
- Yes, even The Grand Poobah of Powder is pessimistic about the rest of ski season
Pacific Northwest skiers know: The key to a great season is deep winter snow and a long, chilly spring. But snowy days have been so few and far between this year, one local mountain already had to close up shop. And as Libby Denkmann reports, it's taking a toll on local businesses.
Sunday, February 8, 2015
- KIRO Radio Weekends with Mark Rahner - 2/7 - Hour 1
February 7, 2014 -- Hour 1
- KIRO Radio Weekends with Mark Rahner - 2/7 - Hour 2
February 7, 2014 -- Hour 2
- Mark Rahner Interview with Elliott Serrano
Mark interviews Red Eye columnist Elliott Serrano about the new Star Wars exhibit at the EMP.
Friday, February 6, 2015
- Jury hears Joseph McEnroe's taped confession to murdering 6 in Carnation
On Thursday, a jury heard the voice of Joseph McEnroe describe in his own words how he murdered six people in Carnation on Christmas Eve seven years ago. KIRO Radio's Libby Denkmann was in the courtroom.
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
- Prosecutors ignored photos of severely disabled man being abused
King County prosecutors were handed photos of a severely disabled man tied to a chair and locked in a room, but didn't believe the images were real and failed to take action to stop the abuse. KIRO Radio's Brandi Kruse reports.
- For addicts who need heroin-fighting drugs, barriers to access still exist
While heroin-related deaths soar, an antidote to opiate overdose is available. It's called Naloxone. But there are still barriers in Washington State to getting this and other heroin-fighting drugs in the hands of users. Libby Denkmann reports.
Monday, February 2, 2015
- As heroin epidemic grows, local group takes controversial approach to save users
The epidemic of heroin use is rising in Washington State. Libby Denkmann examines why and talks to a local group that takes a controversial approach to saving drug users.