Friday, July 10, 2015
- The Pirates of Penzance is the kind of theater Ross enjoys
It's family friendly entertainment
Thursday, July 9, 2015
- Computers breaking down is just another day at the office
The halting of trading at the New York Stock Exchange July 8 is a sign that computer glitches are just a normal day at the office.
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
- Has Oregon repealed freedom of religion?
The operators of a bakery in Oregon have now been ordered to pay damages of $135,000 for refusing to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple back in 2013. But the decision doesn’t stop there.
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
- South Carolina lawmakers debate the Confederate flag
The debate in the South Carolina Senate on the future of Confederate Battle Flag was polite, but intense.
Monday, July 6, 2015
- When cheating becomes a way of life
Tax evasion in Greece is a national sport, going back to the Ottoman Empire. Today, tax receipts are almost 90 percent less than they would be if everyone actually paid what they owe.
Friday, July 3, 2015
- Rick Perry may be most brutally candid Republican candidate
Former Texas governor Rick Perry is rolling the dice.
Thursday, July 2, 2015
- What we actually can learn from tax returns
Presidential election years are always exciting because we get to see other peoples' tax returns.
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
- From the Olympics to bankruptcy
Eleven years after the Athens Olympics, Greece is slipping back into the Third World.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
- When your conscience is your guide
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said that clerks don't have to help gay couples get married if they can't do so in good conscience.
Monday, June 29, 2015
- Has anything really changed during this Liberal Spring?
It's being called the Liberal Spring! But even with gay marriage and health care rulings, or Confederate flag debates — has anything really changed?
Friday, June 26, 2015
- Boston Bomber
- The Supreme Court upheld Obamacare
For the second time the Supreme Court upheld Obamacare
Thursday, June 25, 2015
- Dzhokhar Tsaraev apologizes
Dzhokhar Tsaraev gave his apology in court to the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing. What he said, and what he didn't say, bothered those in the court room.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
- Southern colors on the run
As South Carolina debates taking down its Confederate flag, other southern officials and businesses are moving to take the symbol away.