Friday, October 16, 2015
- Pay gap in the U.S. is much worse than many believe
Wall Street fought hard to kill this idea and it's easy to see why. Surveys have shown that Americans consider a pay gap of about 7:1 to be fair, but the actual gap is not 7:1.
Thursday, October 15, 2015
- If you love your country, you don't arm the enemy
A jury in Milwaukee decided that gun stores do have a responsibility in stopping guns from getting into the wrong hands.
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
- Was there any way the debate could live up to CNNís intro?
Preliminary Nielsen ratings indicate that 11% of all American homes with TVs were tuned in. The network's live stream peaked at 980,000 concurrent live streams.
- Democratic debate lived up to all the hype
Dave Ross didn't think there was any way the Democratic presidential debate could live up to CNN's intro.
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
- We like our presidents tough.
Itís a big reason Donald Trump has done so well. Itís why many Americans seem to hold a grudging respect for Vladimir Putin. These guys project toughness.
Monday, October 12, 2015
- Gun sellers who cut off crazies.
President Obama visited Roseburg, Oregon Friday to meet with families of the shooting victims from Umpqua Community College.
Friday, October 9, 2015
- Government is more concerned with fantasy sports than gun control
Insider information in fantasy sports seems to be a bigger topic than gun control
Thursday, October 8, 2015
- It's time to bury official food guidelines
Federal nutrition experts are considering changing the official dietary guidelines to say that certain kinds of saturated fat ó like the kind in milk ó are not only not going to kill you but could save your life.
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
- Should we go beyond background checks to avoid mass shootings?
One way to stop shooting rampages like the one in Oregon is to make a personal decision to be the hero, but more could be done.
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
- Don't be envious of Russia's doomed mission
Senator John McCain says helping out the fight in Syria would be easy. Others don't quite agree.
Monday, October 5, 2015
- Digging through trash shows us something we knew 50 years ago
Texas A&M researches are looking for a way to get kids to eat their vegetables
- Should the US follow Russia into a Syrian battle?
Senator John McCain says helping out the fight in Syria would be easy. Others don't quite agree. Either way, Russia is moving forward.
Friday, October 2, 2015
- The shock of no longer being shocked
It's true ó what President Obama said after Thursday's shooting at the Community College in Oregon.
Thursday, October 1, 2015
- How to stop your job from killing you
Science tells us that sitting too much at work is bad for your health, but then again, so is standing. What is an office worker to do?
Wednesday, September 30, 2015
- Are you prepared to be bio-tracked?
Some employers have started monitoring workers' bio signs to improve productivity and stress levels. Sound stressful?