Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Hangover III
Tom reviews the third and final installment of the Hangover franchise.
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
- Full interview: Tom talks with 'Dirty Wars' director Jeremy Scahill
Investigator Jeremy Scahill wants to dispel the notion, promulgated by the Obama administration, that our current military operations are somehow "cleaner" than they have been in the past.
Thursday, May 16, 2013
- Star Trek: Into Darkness
Tom Tangney reviews the new Star Trek movie release, "Star Trek: Into Darkness."
Friday, May 10, 2013
- Dream of 'The Great Gatsby' proved unattainable for Baz Luhrman
Leonardo DiCaprio stars in "The Great Gatsby," but it's director Baz Luhrman who's the real star, for better or worse.
Friday, May 3, 2013
- 'Distractions' have the Iron Man franchise off course
Robert Downey Jr. is back for a fourth go-round as Iron Man, after two blockbuster Iron Man movies and last summer's even more spectacular Avengers film.
Thursday, May 2, 2013
- Tom interviews director Megan Griffiths
Eden Director Megan Griffiths acknowledges it's a tricky proposition to make a movie about sex slavery.
Friday, April 19, 2013
Tom Tangney gives us insight on film 'Oblivion'
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
- 'The Central Park Five' not your typical Ken Burns movie
Ken Burns tends to make masterful but rather deliberately paced documentaries; long contemplative series about the Civil War, or baseball, or National Parks. Tuesday night he premiered a very different kind of documentary on PBS, an impassioned and outraged look at a high profile crime of the 1980's.
Friday, April 12, 2013
Tom Tangney gives us insight on film 'Trance'
- Director Danny Boyle is a master, but 'Trance' is not his masterpiece
"Trance" is an example of Boyle's professionalism - it's a very stylish heist film that uses hypnosis to shake up its characters and the plot.
Friday, March 22, 2013
- Spring Breakers
A couple of Disney starlets do their best to scuff up their images in the very non-Disney film, "Spring Breakers."
Thursday, February 21, 2013
- Why Seth MacFarlane was tapped to host the Oscars
It was his velvety voice, not what he says with it that made the Academy Awards producers interested in the "Family Guy" creator.
Monday, February 11, 2013
- 'Warm Bodies' author Isaac Marion
'Warm Bodies' author Isaac Marion joins Tom to discuss his book which has been made into a hit movie.
Friday, February 8, 2013
- 'Side Effects' might be a sign Steven Soderbergh has run out of ideas
Tom Tangney reviews new Steven Soderbergh film "Side Effects."
Saturday, February 2, 2013
- Behind the Screens 2-2-13
Tom Tangney reviews the new movie Warm Bodies and discusses Oscar nominees.