Friday, April 12, 2013
- Director Danny Boyle is a master, but 'Trance' is not his masterpiece
"Trance" is an example of Boyle's professionalism - it's a very stylish heist film that uses hypnosis to shake up its characters and the plot.
Friday, March 22, 2013
- Spring Breakers
A couple of Disney starlets do their best to scuff up their images in the very non-Disney film, "Spring Breakers."
Thursday, February 21, 2013
- Why Seth MacFarlane was tapped to host the Oscars
It was his velvety voice, not what he says with it that made the Academy Awards producers interested in the "Family Guy" creator.
Monday, February 11, 2013
- 'Warm Bodies' author Isaac Marion
'Warm Bodies' author Isaac Marion joins Tom to discuss his book which has been made into a hit movie.
Friday, February 8, 2013
- 'Side Effects' might be a sign Steven Soderbergh has run out of ideas
Tom Tangney reviews new Steven Soderbergh film "Side Effects."
Saturday, February 2, 2013
- Behind the Screens 2-2-13
Tom Tangney reviews the new movie Warm Bodies and discusses Oscar nominees.
Friday, February 1, 2013
- Tom reviews 'Warm Bodies'
Zombies are usually more than just slow-moving monsters. They're often used as metaphors - embodiments of all sorts of societal and political ills, but Tom Tangney says the new zombie movie "Warm Bodies" tries on a very different metaphor for size.
Monday, January 14, 2013
- Even on the road, 'Book of Mormon' is still sharp
The entire run of "The Book of Mormon" at Seattle's Paramount Theatre is sold out and for good reason.
Thursday, January 3, 2013
- Tom Tangney's Top 10 (or 12) movies of 2012
Friday is the deadline for Oscar voters to get their nominations in for this year's Academy Awards. To help, when it comes to the year's best films, Tom is announcing his list of the top ten favorites, in case the Academy is in need of any last minute guidance.
Thursday, December 13, 2012
- And the Golden Globe nominees are ...
Tom Tangney reacts to the 2013 Golden Globe nominations on Seattle's Morning News.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
- 'Life of Pi' certainly an Oscar contender
Oscar-winning director Ang Lee took four years and spent a fortune to make his latest film, "Life of Pi." The wait was worth it, as "Life of Pi" seems certain to be an Oscar contender this year.
Thursday, November 15, 2012
- Twilight series ender 'Breaking Dawn Part 2' a howling good time
What James Bond is to middle-aged guys, the Twilight movies are to teenage girls. And they'll be lined up in droves Thursday as the fifth and final film in the series, "Breaking Dawn Part 2," debuts.
Thursday, November 8, 2012
- Tom Tangney reviews Skyfall
Tom Tangney reviews the new James Bond film, Skyfall
Friday, November 2, 2012
- Tom Tangney reviews Flight
Tom Tangney reviews Flight, starring Denzel Washington
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Tom Tangney reviews new film "Hellbound?" debuting at SIFF on Friday.