Sunday, May 18, 2014
- Episode 43 :: Influences THE BREAKFAST CLUB :: Director Ryan Worsley
Filmmaker Ryan Worsley premieres her directorial debut at the Seattle International Film Festival this week with her documentary RAZING THE BAR. On this episode of the podcast she tells us how THE BREAKFAST CLUB had a big influence on her, and find out which character people think she is.
Monday, May 5, 2014
- Episode 42 :: Creative Process :: Filmmaker - Stewart Schill
As a triple threat (writer/director/editor), Stewart Schill has experienced filmmaking from every aspect of production, and while no aspect of it is easy find out which part of it he finds most rewarding.
Monday, April 21, 2014
- Episode 40 :: CHINATOWN :: Great Directing :: Guest Daniel Gildark
In this episode we explore why Roman Polanski's CHINATOWN is considered to be the greatest film noir film of all time?
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
- Episode 40 :: WINGS OF DESIRE :: Great Directing with John Jeffcoat
Filmmaker John Jeffcoat explains how he tried to impress a date by taking her to see Wim Wenders' WINGS OF DESIRE, and instead he was the one that became inspired.
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
- Episode 39 :: Creative Process :: Screenwriter - Brad Wilke
Screenwriter Brad Wilke shares his passion for genre films and Roger Corman, breaks down his latest script, and entertains us with one of the greatest "How I broke into Hollywood stories" ever.
Sunday, March 16, 2014
- Episode 38 :: Creative Process :: Director - Dan Gildark
Director of the horror film CTHULU Dan sits down to discuss the perils of first time filmmaking, collaboration, and the world cinema with us.
Monday, March 10, 2014
- Episode 37 :: Creative Process :: Editor - Tracy Dethlefs
Friend of the 20/20's, Editor Tracy Dethlefs shares his editing tricks of the trade, including keeping a fresh eye on repeatedly watched material, and whether or not Weird Al Yankovic snores.
Friday, February 28, 2014
- Episode 36 :: SCHINDLER'S LIST :: Guest Brian McDonald
Winner of six 20/20 Awards including Best Picture, Director and Adapted Screenplay, we sit down and ask why does has this film stood the test of time, and is it great filmmaking or is it just an "important" film because of its subject matter.
Saturday, February 22, 2014
- Episode 35 :: 5th Annual 20/20 Nominees Pt.2 :: Guest Rich Phelps
The man who made an off hand comment that triggered the 20/20 Awards sits down to discuss this year's nominees Part 2.
- Episode 34 :: 5th Annual 20/20 Nominees Pt.1 :: Guest Rich Phelps
The man who made an off hand comment that triggered the 20/20 Awards sits down to discuss this year's nominees Part 1.
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
- Episode 33 :: Top 5 Scripts of '93 :: Screenwriter Stewart Schill
Filmmaker Stewart Schill takes us through his top picks for the scripts of '93.
Sunday, January 12, 2014
- Episode 32 :: IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE :: Great Directing with Brian McDonald
Filmmaker Brian McDonald shares his thoughts on one of favorite examples of good directing; Frank Capra's IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE.
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
- Episode 31 :: Top 5 '93 :: Director Dan Gildark
Director Dan Gildark shares what he believes are the top 5 directed films from 1993.
Monday, November 11, 2013
- Episode 30 :: Screenwriter Brian McDonald's Creative Process :: Pt.2
We continue our conversation with filmmaker Brian McDonald, talking about making your work universal, Plot vs. Character, and Dialog.
Monday, November 4, 2013
- Episode 29 :: THE PIANO :: Guest Stewart Schill
Winner of three Academy Awards, is THE PIANO a touching love story or a glorified Harlequin Romance?