Tuesday, October 29, 2013
- Episode 28 :: Screenwriter Brian McDonald's Creative Process :: Pt.1
Filmmaker and Author, Brian McDonald takes us into his creative process, tackling Movie Reality, his influences, and his book THE GOLDEN THEME.
Sunday, October 20, 2013
- Episode 27 :: CRONOS :: Guest - Dan Gildark
Besides being Guillermo Del Toro's directorial debut, what exactly is the CRONOS device? No, seriously... what is it?
Sunday, October 13, 2013
- Episode 26 :: Best Editing of '93 :: Guest - Tracy Dethlefs
Editor and wedding officiant, Tracy Dethlefs, shares his list of the five best edited films from '93; 32 SHORT FILMS ABOUT GLENN GOULD, FEARLESS, GROUNDHOG DAY, THE WAR ROOM.
Monday, September 23, 2013
- Episode 25 :: ANNIE HALL :: Guest - Stewart Schill
Woody Allen doesn't want to belong to any club that would have him as a member, luckily that's not the case for our guest editor Stewart Schill who breaks down one of his favorite films for us.
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
- Episode 24 :: NETWORK - Guest - Loch Phillipps
As a man who has a strong dislike of corporations, and a similar take on television, we introduce documentarian Loch Phillipps to one of our favorite films - NETWORK.
Monday, August 26, 2013
- Episode 23 :: THE FUGITIVE :: Guest - John Jeffcoat
After an exhaustive search, we manage to track down the pros and cons of the thriller THE FUGITIVE starring Harrison Ford, and Oscar Winner Tommy Lee Jones.
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
- Episode 22 :: The Creative Process - Screenwriter George Wing
Screenwriter (50 FIRST DATES) George Wing shares with us how he broke into the business, where he finds inspiration, and a few tips for aspiring writers.
Monday, August 12, 2013
- Episode 21 :: THE APARTMENT :: Great Editing - Guest Tracy Dethlefs
THE APARTMENT is considered by many to be director Billy Wilder's high-water mark, but we were surprised to discover how quickly it was edited by Daniel Mandell, and you will be too.
Friday, August 9, 2013
- Episode 20 :: COOL RUNNINGS :: Guest - Loch Phillipps
Documentarian and sports filmmaker Loch Phillipps shares his thoughts on the story of a Jamaican bobsled team that competes in the 1988 Olympics, which is based on a true story.
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
- Episode 19 :: SCHINDLER'S LIST :: Great Costume Design - Guest Ron Leamon
Many Best Costume nominees lean toward the flamboyant or opulent, but costume designer Ron Leamon selected a black and white film set during the holocaust.
Monday, July 15, 2013
- Episode 18 :: CARLITO'S WAY :: Guest Tracy Dethlefs
Al Pacino tries to escape a life of crime, but his lawyer (Sean Penn) keeps dragging him down in Brian DePalma's gangster thriller CARLITO'S WAY.
Monday, July 8, 2013
- Episode 17 :: BACK TO THE FUTURE :: Great Screenwriting - Guest Brad Wilke
We hop into our DeLorean and revisit screenwriter Brad Wilke's favorite screenplay BACK TO THE FUTURE, and discover a beautifully structured comedy.
Tuesday, July 2, 2013
- Episode 16 :: Ron Leamon's 5 Best Costumes of 1993
Traditionally Best Costume nominees are opulent period pieces, but Ron Leamon has some modern day surprises on his Best Of List.
Monday, June 24, 2013
- Episode 15 :: Brian McDonald's 5 Best Scripts of 1993
Screenwriter and author, Brian McDonald discusses his 5 selections for Best Screenplay of '93.
Monday, June 17, 2013
- Episode 14 :: DIVA :: Great Screenwriting - Guest - George Wing
Screenwriter George Wing doesn't believe in style over substance, so then why does he consider DIVA to be the perfect script?