KIRO Newsradio Fallen Officer Fund Sweepstakes
The following Sweepstakes is intended for participants in the United States only, and will be governed by United States laws. Do not proceed in this Sweepstakes if you are not eligible or not currently located in the United States. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules below.
KIRO Newsradio Fallen Officer Fund Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Sweepstakes Administrator: KIRO FM, 1820 Eastlake Ave E Seattle, WA 98102
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the KIRO Newsradio Fallen Officer Fund sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), which is being conducted by KIRO Newsradio (“Station”). The Sweepstakes begins on Tuesday, April 5, 2022 and ends Friday, April 8, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Dates”). To enter, entrants may donate through the Fallen Officer Memorial Fund site at MyNorthwest.com/FallenOfficerFund or call the Bonneville Seattle Front Desk at 206-726-7000 and leave your full name and phone number with our front desk receptionist or over voicemail.
- Due to delays in the online streaming of the Station’s broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in, or may be disadvantaged in participating in, the Sweepstakes. Entrants should not rely on streamed broadcasts and are encouraged to listen to the Station on-air versus online. The Station is not responsible for any disadvantages or losses that result from online streaming delays of any nature, nor is the station otherwise responsible for any delays in online streaming.
- Only one (1) entry per person is permitted regardless of the method of entry. There will be one (1) winner selected in the Sweepstakes.
– Round One (1): all online entries received between 12:01PM PST on Tuesday, April 5, 2022 and 6:00 PM PST on Friday, April 8, 2022 are deemed eligible.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Sweepstakes is open to all persons who are legal U.S. residents of the state of Washington, eighteen (18) years of age or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- The following individuals are NOT eligible to enter Station Sweepstakes, even if such individuals meet the age and residency requirements above: (1) Any employees (i.e., full-time, part-time and/or temporary employees) of the Station, Bonneville International Corporation, other area radio stations, Sweepstakes Sponsor, of any advertising and promotion agencies, and/or of the respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies of each; (2) Any immediate family members of such employees, including without limitation current and/or ex-spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, in-laws, and/or steps in any of the foregoing categories; and (3) Any other individual legally residing in the same household (i.e., at the same address) of such employees, including without limitation roommates, housemates, significant others, and partners.
- Unless the Station otherwise specifies, in its own discretion, persons who have previously won a prize (cash, services, merchandise) from a Sweepstakes or Station event from any of the Bonneville International Radio Stations are subject to the following restrictions: Persons who have won a prize in the last sixty (60) days are not eligible to participate. These restrictions also apply to immediate household members of Sweepstakes or prize winners. As stated above, the Station, in its sole discretion, may allow persons who have previously won a prize to be eligible to win another prize without any time restrictions.
- To claim a prize, the winner(s) must provide valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number, and Social Security Number.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are final and binding in all respects.
- One (1) prize will be awarded. The prize consists of four (4) Mariners Diamond Club tickets. Must be a Mutually agreed upon game date. Recipient of tickets must make contact with Bonneville Seattle Re: these Tickets by April 25, 2022. Tickets will be available no earlier than one month prior to the decided game. Exact date of availability pending. Ground transportation, catering, and any other meals are not included in this package. Package includes four (4) Mariners Diamond Club tickets. Participant must follow all guidelines set forth at T-Mobile Park when attending game. Tickets must be redeemed by someone 18 years old or older. Participants (if a minor, his/her respective parent or legal guardian) may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and (where legal) Publicity Release. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of this prize is $1,200.00. Tickets may be digital and may be transferred via a mobile app approximately sixty (60) days prior to concert date or when they become available by Bonneville Seattle. Some restrictions may apply. See prize for complete details and date restrictions. The winner(s) will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the prize(s). The prize is not refundable or transferable, may not be sold to a third party, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will they be replaced if lost or stolen. If a prize-related event is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Station or the Sweepstakes Administrator or Sponsor, their sole responsibility to the winner(s) will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize(s) and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded elements of the prize(s). The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to deny entry to or to remove the winner(s) and/or guest(s) if either engages in disruptive behavior or in a manner with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the prize related event(s).
- All sales, prizes and other taxes, gratuities and any other incidentals associated with the prizes are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner(s). Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability, in which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. The Station assumes no responsibility or liability for damages, loss, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. The Station is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, or promoter, or performer actions. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, computer, or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security, or proper execution of the Sweepstakes, or the Internet portion of the Sweepstakes. Decisions of the Station/judges are final.
- If due to a printing, production or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded for any prize level, the intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims received for that prize level. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Sweepstakes are final.
- One (1) prize winner will be selected in the Sweepstakes during the following periods of time (“Drawing Periods”):
– One (1) prize winners will be selected on Monday, April 11, 2022 at approximately 10:00AM PDT in a random drawing of all eligible online entries received between 12:01 PM PDT on
Tuesday, April 5, 2022 and 6:00 PM PDT on Friday, April 8, 2022.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible online entries received during the applicable Drawing Period.
- Entries are specific to each designated Drawing Period and will not be included in subsequent drawings.
- In the event of a tie for a prize, the tie breaker will be determined from among all tied potential winner(s) by the Sweepstakes Sponsor. The Sweepstakes Sponsor, at its sole discretion, shall make the final decision to resolve any tie.
- Winners must listen to the Station to win but do not need to be present to win. All prizes may be picked up at the office of the Station at 1820 Eastlake Ave E Seattle, WA 98102 between regular business hours of 10:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.
- Potential winner(s) will be notified of winning by telephone at the time of the drawing. Prize(s) will be awarded only upon confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases. Upon notification or notification attempt, the potential winner(s) will be required to respond to such notification attempt and must execute and return, along with the guest(s) of the winner(s), an IRS Form W-9, affidavit of acceptance, eligibility, liability, publicity release, and if applicable, Sweepstakes Sponsor liability release forms within thirty (30) days of such notification or notification attempt or prize(s) will be forfeited. If a winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her state of residence, the prize(s) will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner(s) is deemed ineligible for any reason, cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the fully-executed affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize(s). The Station or Sweepstakes Administrator or Sponsor is not responsible for any changes in an entrant or winner’s email address, phone number, mailing address or other contact information.
- THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants agree that this Sweepstakes shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Washington and the forum for any dispute shall be in Seattle, Washington. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Sweepstakes are hereby excluded and any Entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. Certain restrictions may apply. Submissions are void if the Station determines the photograph to not be an original, or if the Submissions are incomplete, inaccessible or blocked, corrupted, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft.
- By entering and/or acceptance of prize(s), Entrants also agree (i) to be bound by these Official Rules; (ii) that the decisions of the Station and Sweepstakes Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; and (iii) if the Entrant wins that Released Parties (defined below) may use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising relating to the Sweepstakes or future promotions without compensation or approval (except where prohibited by law).
- Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins or any other methods may void that Entrant’s entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. The use of any device to automate multiple entries is prohibited. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, promotion entry services or proxies) will void all entries by that Entrant at the Station’s discretion. The Station’s computer or telephone system is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who (i) is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address; or (ii) is assigned to the mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who it believes is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with the rules of the Sweepstakes may result in an Entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good-faith determination that an Entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Sweepstakes, the Station may disqualify that Entrant from entering and/or winning this and any or all future Station-administered Sweepstakes and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification or equitable purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize(s) of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. To the extent the Station makes material changes to the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes, any such material changes will be broadcast on the Station and/or posted on its website: http://www.MyNorthwest.com within twenty-four (24) hours of the change and periodically thereafter. If a prize is unable to be awarded or used or a prize-related event is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons including, but not limited to, promoter or performer actions, cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability due to the closure of a Sweepstakes Sponsor’s location, if applicable, or weather, natural disasters, disease, epidemic, pandemic, national or regional emergency, or for any reason beyond the control of the Station or Sweepstakes Sponsor, if applicable, the Station reserves the right, but does not have the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Sweepstakes and shall not be required to award a substitute prize(s). If any provision of these Official Rules is irrevocably inconsistent with any provision set forth on the Sweepstakes webpage, then the provision of these Official Rules will prevail but solely to the extent of the inconsistency.
- Calling the Station regarding the Sweepstakes constitutes permission for the Station to tape the caller’s voice and use it on the air. All telephone calls during the Sweepstakes may be taped without further permission from the caller. By entering the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance of prize(s), all Entrants consent to the use of their name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice, video, Submission materials, prize information (if any), or any statements made for trade, publicity, advertising, or promotional purposes, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, including online announcements, without limitation, and without compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- Each Winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station. For example, Winner(s) will be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 and verify their identity either in-person or through email, DocuSign, or videoconference, an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Station prior to receiving their prize. Each Winner will solely be responsible for any (federal, state, or local) taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize and may receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc for all prizes won from the Station in any calendar year where the aggregate value of all such prizes is $600 or more. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Failure to comply with the terms and conditions applicable to Sweepstakes Submission, including, without limitation, submitting an incomplete or fraudulent Submission, and/or failing to complete the entry process, will result in such Submission being disqualified from such Sweepstakes. Any individual(s) that is found to be, or suspected of, tampering with a Sweepstakes in any way, including, without limitation, by making a fraudulent Submission, by engaging in any “deal-making” with or between other Sweepstakes Entrants or third parties, by creating a public hazard, by cheating, by engaging in improper or illegal activity, by causing interference with or the destruction of property, and/or utilized public safety resources will be disqualified from participating and/or winning any prize(s), as applicable, and may be banned from any future participation in any Sweepstakes as determined by Station at its sole discretion, and on a case-by-case basis.
- Participation in a Sweepstakes and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes agreement by Entrant and/or Winner (and by Winner‘s guest(s) if applicable) to forever discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Station, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, participating Sweepstakes Sponsors, agents and all others connected with them, and the Sweepstakes (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions, and losses or damages including, but not limited to, personal injury or communicable diseases sustained or incurred with respect to the conduct of or participation in the Sweepstakes, or the awarding, shipping/handling, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto, act or omission, whether negligent, intentional or otherwise caused by Station, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, sponsors, agents, and all others connected with them and the Sweepstakes.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering, or the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) incorrect or inaccurate information, human error, failure, or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or late entries; (v) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, poor signals, or signal interference, accidental disconnection, equipment malfunctions, and any other technological failures; or (vi) any cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitutions or omissions by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to Entrant(s) and/or Winner(s) (and Winner’s guest(s) if applicable) including any results thereof such as changes in services or location necessitated by same; or (vii) any part of a Sweepstakes that cannot be conducted and/or if a prize, either in whole or in part cannot be awarded due to the closure of any Sweepstakes Sponsor location, if applicable, promoter or performer issues, acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, disease, national or regional emergency, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Station’s sole control.
- Except where prohibited, by entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize(s) awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Seattle, Washington; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such costs include attorneys’ fees; and (iii) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”); and (iv) Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have any damages awarded multiplied or increased. Washington law governs the interpretation and construction of these Official Rules and all aspects related thereto.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION
- Each Entrant represents and warrants as follows: (i) except as set forth herein, the photograph is the Entrant’s own, produced by Entrant; (ii) the photograph does not contain any computer virus (as applicable), is otherwise uncorrupted, is wholly original with Entrant, and as of the date of Submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the photograph does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party; and (iv) the photograph does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. Each Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Entrant hereunder.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, all Entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to Released Parties, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the Submission in connection with the Sweepstakes and promotion of the Sweepstakes, in any media now or hereafter known, for no additional compensation, including, but not limited to: display on Station’s and Sweepstakes Sponsor’s owned-and-operated websites and social media sites of all Submissions. The rights granted shall include, without limitation (i) all reproduction, distribution, adaptation, performance, fixation, rental and lending rights, exhibition, broadcast and all other rights of communication to the public; (ii) the right to make changes to the photographs, and to use such photographs as Station shall from time to time determine in its sole discretion; and (iii) the right to authorize, prohibit and/or control the renting, lending, fixation, reproduction, importation and/or other exploitation of the photograph as may be conferred under any applicable laws, regulations or directives.
- Entrants consent to Station doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe the Entrant’s “moral rights” in their Submissions. Display or publication of any Submission on a Released Party’s website does not indicate the Entrant will be selected as a Winner. Released Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use as authorized by the License. Additionally, by entering the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance of prize(s), each Entrant grants to Released Parties the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Sweepstakes, and pictures or likenesses of Sweepstakes Entrants, or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion, except where prohibited by law. Released Parties will not be required to pay any consideration or seek any approval in connection with such use.
- WINNERS’ LIST/COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES
- Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Consistent with Section 1(d), only one (1) Submission per Entrant is permitted. Any attempt by any one or more Entrants to obtain more than one (1) Submission by using the same phone number, email address, Twitter account or similar registration method through any means including, without limitation, multiple/different email addresses, Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, logins or other methods will void all entries from that address or account, and such Entrant(s) will be disqualified.
- Copies of these rules are available at the Station’s website: https://www.mynorthwest.com, in person at the Station located 1820 Eastlake Avenue East, Seattle, WA, 98102, during regular business hours 10:00 a.m. (PT) to 4:00 p.m. (PT), Monday through Friday, or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at the same address.
- For a list of Winners, mail a request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to 1820 Eastlake Avenue East, Seattle, WA, 98102, identifying 2022 List for KIRO Newsradio Fallen Officer Fund Sweepstakes. All requests for Winner lists must be mailed and received by the Station by June 30, 2022.