Washington Medical Commission provides FAQ concerning future Roe ruling
Jun 16, 2022, 3:25 PM
With the Supreme Court decision on Dobbs v. Jackson’s Women’s Health Organization expected to be released before the end of this month, the Washington Medical Commission has released an FAQ for those concerned with how the ruling will affect abortion access in the Washington state.
How the Roe opinion threw a wrench in the GOP’s planned takeover of WA’s 8th District
The FAQ includes:
- What is the history of abortion laws in Washington state?
- Will abortions remain legal in Washington state?
- How do state regulators determine discipline and licensure if Roe v. Wade is overturned?
- Who may perform an abortion in Washington state?
- May a pharmacist dispense hormonal, non-hormonal, or emergency contraceptives in Washington State?