Facebook saves a WA man’s life
A Spokane man trapped inside his burning house used Facebook to get help.
Firefighters received an unusual call for help yesterday from Indiana, to rescue a man living in a Spokane home. The Spokane man posted his call for help on Facebook. Firefighters say the homeowner is disabled and couldnâ€™t get out of his house. A friend from Indiana saw the post and called 911.
Firefighters say the guy didn’t have a phone, and his only option was to ask for help through his social network. Burning food on the stove caused the fire. The victim suffered from minor smoke inhalation, but is doing fine.