Seattle-area economy strongest in the nation
The Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue area has the strongest local economy in the nation according to a report out today.
The POLICOM Corporation’s annual economic strength rankings look for the areas that have the best economic foundation. The study measures 23 different economic factors over a twenty-year period to create the rankings, and our area has been moving up consistently. Last year the Seattle area was 12th, and in 2006 it ranked 51st in the country.
2010 Ten Strongest Metro Areas
1. Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
2. Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
3. Denver-Aurora-Broomfield, CO
4. Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX
5. Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Roseville, CA
6. Salt Lake City, UT
7. Des Moines-West Des Moines, IA
8. San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA
9. Madison, WI
10. Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX