Vaccines used after Snohomish County warns of expiration
UPDATE at 6:55pm — All doses were used on Sunday.
Hundreds of doses of Pfizer are set to expire on Sunday afternoon in Snohomish County. Health officials are urging anyone over 16 to reserve a dose now at the Ash Way Park & Ride vaccination site in Lynnwood.
If you’re younger than 18, you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The site at Ash Way Park is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Snohomish County says demand has exceeded supply for four months, but that changed abruptly last week along with other counties and states. The Vaccine Taskforce made changes to supply as soon as the decrease in demand was noted, according to the county. To make up for the difference, the taskforce included more weekend and evening availability, posting appointments a week in advance, and offering a second-dose catch-up clinic.
Despite the changes, the county says there are still about 600 doses of the Pfizer vaccine approaching expiration and is putting a call out for anyone who still needs to get a shot.
As for next week, there are thousands of appointments available at county vaccination sites:
- Ash Way Park & Ride
- Boom City
- Arlington Airport
- Boeing Everett Activity Center
- Edmonds College
- Evergreen State Fairgrounds Monroe
Registration is available for each of those sites here, or by calling 425-339-5278 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Lawsuits reveal city is missing June 2020 text messages from mayor, SPD leaders, fire chief
- Bellevue Police Department aims to attract officers from other cities with hefty signing bonus
- Rantz: Seattle-King County Public Health gives needles to homeless addicts at K-8 school
- Sign up to receive the Most Popular email