School districts across the sound cancel, delay class, with more snow on the way
After a sprinkle of snow across the Puget Sound region, several school districts are delaying or canceling classes for students today.
The areas expected to be impacted with the most snow are Kitsap and Snohomish counties and the Cascade foothill range, where snow totals range from 4 to 10 inches, but there are some higher amounts at elevation.
As a mixture of rain showers and light snow continues in the region throughout the morning, drivers should be extra cautious, officials warn.
Good morning! Even though snow has ended for the moment & switched to rain in the lowlands, many of our Winter Storm Warnings & Winter Weather Advisories remain in effect this morning. Expect winter conditions on the roads, sidewalks and trails this morning in these areas. #wawx
— NWS Seattle (@NWSSeattle) November 30, 2022
- A Winter Storm Warning is in effect for King and Snohomish Counties through 11 a.m. Wednesday, with up to 4 inches of snow possible
- A Winter Storm Warning is in effect for the mountains and Kitsap/Hood Canal, with over 4 inches of snow possible
Several school districts, including North Puget Sound School Districts, King Co. School Districts, Lewis Co. School Districts, Kitsap & Mason Co. School Districts, Island & Snohomish Co. School Districts, Clallam & Jefferson Co. School Districts, and some area private schools are closed or delaying classes for students due to the weather.
- Edmonds SD- is closed
- Index SD- Closed, No out-of-district transportation
- Monroe (WA) School District-Closed. No out-of-district transportation, all activities canceled.
- Mukilteo SD- Closed due to snow and multiple power outages
- Snohomish SD- closed
- Sultan SD- Closed, No out-of-district transportation
- Lake Washington SD- Closed. No Extended Day Care. All programs and activities canceled. No athletics, events or public building use.
- Northshore SD- Closed. No after-school or evening activities, athletics, or band/orchestra, and there is no out-of-district transportation. Admin Center will be closed to the public.
- Riverview SD- All schools closed today. All meetings, field trips, afterschool activities canceled. No out-of-district transportation or Extended Day services provided.
- Shoreline SD- Closed
- Central Kitsap SD- Closed. No out-of-district transportation. No activities or events with possible exception of some high school activities. For details, visit www.ckschools.org
- Mary M. Knight SD- Closed
A full list of school district closures and delays can be found at MyNorthwest.