Updated Aug 24, 2012 - 10:06 am
Former Mariners pitcher meets people who saved his life
Krueger returned to the Pro Sports Club on Thursday to thank the men and women who saved his life after he collapsed on a treadmill earlier this month.
"I'm humbly here to appreciate the quick reactions of the folks here at the Pro Club, the Bellevue and Redmond Fire Department," Krueger tells KING 5.
KING 5 reports Kreuger suffered cardiac arrest and was saved by quick action of club staff who used an automatic external defibrillator to shock his heart back to life, then performed CPR until aid workers arrived on the scene.
Krueger is doing fine and returned soon after the episode to his role on Root Sports.
Follow Josh Kerns, MyNorthwest.com Reporter
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- More Seattle Mariners »