Listening back to KIRO Radio’s Pearl Harbor coverage 80 years later
In the aftermath of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor 80 years ago, radio stepped up as the medium of choice to bring the latest news and other developments into American homes.
KIRO Radio resident historian Feliks Banel joined Seattle’s Morning News host Dave Ross for a conversation about Pearl Harbor history, and a listen back to clips from the BBC and from KIRO Radio from 80 years ago.
More Pearl Harbor and World War II history from Feliks Banel’s MyNorthwest archives:
- Remembering Enumclaw’s Doolittle Raider Edward Saylor
- After Pearl Harbor, volunteers scanned Washington’s skies
- Uncovering SPD’s Hidden Wartime Role after Pearl Harbor
- Listening back on the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor
- One Seattle family’s incredible World War II homefront hospitality
- ‘Momentous occasion’ on Vashon Island during World War II
- D-Day is personal for many observing the 75th anniversary
- All Over The Map: V-J Day 75th Anniversary
You can hear Feliks every Wednesday and Friday morning on Seattle’s Morning News, read more from him here, and subscribe to The Resident Historian Podcast here. If you have a story idea, please email Feliks here.