Several schools delayed, closed as winter storms approach
School districts across Western Washington are making schedule changes to prepare for the upcoming winter weather projected this afternoon.
Some, including Raymond School District and Salem Wood Elementary, are closed due to issues with their heating systems.
Many of the schools are just on two-hour delays, or have some restrictions to after-school activities or bus schedules, but no closures.
A full list of delays and closures below:
- Raymond School District – Closed. The Raymond School District will be closed today, Nov. 29th, due to no heat.
- Monroe (WA) School District- Salem Wood Elementary will be closed today due to a heating system malfunction at the school. This is for Salem Woods Elementary ONLY.
- Bremerton School District- Aft/eve activities canceled www.BremertonSchools.org
- Central Kitsap School District – All schools on a half-day schedule. No AM or PM preschool. No after-school or evening activities or events.
- North Mason School District – Half day schedule, no pm preschool, no JAT night school
- Morton School District – AM/PM Buses on snow routes
- Toledo School District – 2 Hours Late
- Winlock School District – AM buses on snow routes
- Gateway Christian Schools- Early release, all aft/eve activities canceled. All GCS schools will be open and start on time today. However, due to the current forecast, we will dismiss students on a half-day schedule and will be released early. Please see website for details. Crosspoint: Elementary 12:15 PM Secondary 12:30 PM Gateway Poulsbo: Elementary 12:00 PM Learning Center 12:45 PM Preschool 11:15 AM All after-school sports and activities are canceled.
Listen to KIRO Newsradio on 97.3 FM. Stream it live here.