Updated Aug 30, 2012 - 10:21 am
Investor reportedly rebuffed in NBA franchise bid
Carmichael Dave claimed on his radio show that sources close to the team say the Maloof family, owners of the Sacramento Kings, rejected the offer from the Seattle billionaire seeking to build a new arena.
A spokesman for Hansen says the investor won't comment on the reports as part of his long-standing position to not discuss any other NBA franchise.
Dave said sources tell him the Maloof family were "looking more to relocate than to sell."
The Maloofs have been rumored to be in talks to move the franchise to Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Hansen earlier this week completed the purchase of enough land in Seattle's SoDo neighborhood to build a new arena if approved by the Seattle City Council. A vote is expected next month.
Follow Josh Kerns, MyNorthwest.com Reporter
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- More Seattle Mariners »