Updated Aug 30, 2012 - 10:21 am
Investor reportedly rebuffed in NBA franchise bid
Carmichael Dave claimed on his radio show that sources close to the team say the Maloof family, owners of the Sacramento Kings, rejected the offer from the Seattle billionaire seeking to build a new arena.
A spokesman for Hansen says the investor won't comment on the reports as part of his long-standing position to not discuss any other NBA franchise.
Dave said sources tell him the Maloof family were "looking more to relocate than to sell."
The Maloofs have been rumored to be in talks to move the franchise to Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Hansen earlier this week completed the purchase of enough land in Seattle's SoDo neighborhood to build a new arena if approved by the Seattle City Council. A vote is expected next month.
Follow Josh Kerns, MyNorthwest.com Reporter
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Christine Michael
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- More Seattle Seahawks »