Study: Seattle is the No. 1 city in the US for single people
If you are single and loving it, you might be surprised that one Washington state city is No. 1 in the nation for singles. And if you guessed Seattle, then you are right!
According to Wallet Hub, the Emerald City is the best for living single.
“19% of people in Gen Z and 22% of millennials report going into debt for dates,” WalletHub wrote in a press release on its website. “Therefore, it certainly pays to live in a place where dating activities, such as dining out or watching a movie, are relatively cheaper.”
Even with inflation, the average price of a date costs over $90, according to Wallet Hub.
Taking inflation into consideration, rent prices for singles must be expensive, and they are. However, according to Zillow, the average price of a one-bedroom apartment in Seattle will go anywhere from $800 (for an A-podment) up to $2,500, which is still affordable for all the tech bros and gals who make mid to high six-figures.
I know what you are thinking. Seattle? Cheaper?! That’s according to the study and all the parameters WalletHub used in their research.
The company reported almost 50% of adult people are unmarried — which includes never married, divorced, or widowed — meaning there are more people in the dating pool than you might think.
Here is how WalletHub ranked the cities:
|Overall Rank||City||Total Score||Economics||Fun & Recreation||Dating Opportunities|
|4||San Francisco, CA||61.53||176||1||9|
Tacoma came in at No. 34 and, believe it or not, Spokane is No. 71.
So now what? You live in the best city for singles, what’s a single gal or guy to do?
Here’s my list!
- Check out Pike Place and eat your heart out with the Pike Place Market walking food tour
- Hike the Cascades or Mt. Rainer (clearly in the summertime)
- Go skiing or snowboarding at Crystal Mountain or Stevens Pass
- Take an exciting stroll down Broadway in Capital Hill and walk into some of the amazing bookstores and shops
- Join a tour of Seattle’s underground tunnel
- Visit the Space Needle
- Check out the Emerald City Ghost Tour
- Go antiquing
- Visit Neko, Seattle’s Cat Cafe
- Ride on the Seattle Sight Seeing Ferry
Happy exploring and enjoying Seattle!