This checking account is better than gold
Jan 9, 2024, 12:01 AM | Updated: Jan 26, 2024, 2:56 pm
(Kitsap Credit Union)
By Mike Salk
SPONSORED — In the dynamic and ever-changing world of finance, finding a banking solution that not only aligns with your financial goals but also nurtures financial wellness can be a huge challenge. With so many accounts, introductory offers, terms and conditions, it is easy to get overwhelmed.
Fortunately, my journey led me to Kitsap Credit Union, a not-for-profit, forward-thinking financial co-op that’s been serving its members since 1934. They offer the fantastic Gold Checking Account, an invaluable companion on the path to financial empowerment. What makes this account so different and special? Let’s explore its features and how they can help you explore life’s opportunities.
There are several key features of the Gold Checking Account that make it stand out.
1. No Minimum Balance Requirements: This account is available to anyone without the burden of minimum balance requirements. If you are looking for additional ways to save or are someone who wants to try a credit union for the first time, this opens access to anyone who lives in Washington.
2. Competitive 3.30% APY on Balances up to $15,000: The Gold Checking Account offers a compelling 3.30%* APY on balances up to $15,000, which equals $495 annually.** This allows account holders to watch their savings grow steadily over time. This competitive rate positions the account as an attractive option for those seeking to maximize their returns. Remember, this is a HUGE rate for a checking account — you can earn significant dividends while still maintaining maximum flexibility over your money.
3. Early Direct Deposits: How many times are you waiting for that influx of money that comes with your latest paycheck? Maybe you have bills to cover or just need to stay liquid. Gold Checking allows you to get paid up to two days early with direct deposit.*** That can be a game-changer! Essentially, Kitsap Credit Union allows you access to your paycheck on the day the payment file is received, which may be up to two days earlier than the scheduled payment date. It provides financial flexibility, enabling you to plan and manage your expenses more efficiently. This showcases the practical impact of timely access to funds in day-to-day life.
4. ATM Fee Refunds and Nationwide Access: The Gold Checking Account takes away the hassle of ATM fees by refunding up to $25 of nationwide ATM fees.** Additionally, account holders gain access to a vast network of 30,000 no-fee ATMs nationwide through the CO-OP Network, making cash withdrawal convenient and cost-effective. I was recently traveling out of state with my family and needed cash. It was so helpful to just hit the nearest ATM without driving way out of our way and wasting precious vacation time!
5. Fast, Secure Online and Mobile Banking: Embracing the digital age, the Gold Checking Account and all accounts at Kitsap Credit Union come with fast and secure online and mobile banking. Account holders can manage their finances, track transactions, and conduct banking operations seamlessly from the comfort of their devices. I use the app nearly every day!
2023 has been a bizarre year from a financial and economic standpoint. It seems like every day, there has been some sort of change in the economy, with the market bouncing all over the place and the interest rates nearly as unpredictable. Often, I think it’s easiest (and safest) to know exactly where my money is and what it’s going to be worth. Predictability matters. And with Kitsap Credit Union’s Gold Checking Account, you get all the advantages of dividend growth, the flexibility of a checking account, the convenience of the best-in-class app, and the confidence and peace of mind of knowing exactly how much money you’ll have tomorrow.”
To learn more or to apply for a Gold Checking account, visit their website at KitsapCU.org/GoldChecking.
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APY is accurate as of January 10, 2024 and subject to change. Must meet Credit Union membership eligibility and account opening requirements. Minimum to open account is $25.
**Monthly qualifications apply to earn stated rate, refer to Rate & Fee Schedule for more information. The qualification period is from the 1st day of the month until the last day of the month. High APY rate paid on balances between one penny and $15,000, and 0.05% APY paid on the portion of the balances above $15,000 each cycle the qualifications are met. If you do not meet the qualifications per cycle, your account will earn the Base Rate of 0.00% APY. Qualifications: (1) Have 12 or more in-person or online point of sale (POS) transactions or debit card purchases post and clear by close of business on the last day of the month (bill payments using debit card are excluded); (2) Sign up to receive account statements electronically (e-statements) by the last day of the month; and (3) receive a direct deposit, conduct an outgoing ACH transaction, or perform an online bill payment transaction to post and clear by close of business on the last day of the month. Available to personal accounts only and limited to one per Tax ID number.
***Early access to direct deposit funds depends on the timing of the submission of the payment file from the payer. We generally make these funds available on the day the payment file is received, which may be up to 2 days earlier than the scheduled payment date.
Insured by NCUA