The Tijuana Panthers got their name from a little black ceramic panther that was a present from their neighbor Max Baker and they got their sound from that strange place where punk bands crash into pop music and come out the other side, bristling with hooks and hitting three-part harmonies. Now, Tijuana Panthers come striding proudly out of their hometown of Long Beach, California, with Semi-Sweet, their most fully realized album yet.
One of the standout's from the new record, 'Tony's Song', is pure pop bliss with just enough surf rock folded in that you'll find yourself wishing you were twisting and/or shouting on an Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini filled beach somewhere in the world.
Tijuana Panthers with GRMLN & guest Thursday, July 18, 2013, 10pm
Buy tickets here.
- the mixtape chats with Lincoln Barr of Red Jacket Mine
- The Remix: Sync Music Video Festival
- the mixtape chats with Sebastian and The Deep Blue
- the mixtape chats "Weird Al" Yankovic with The Grapes of Rad
- the mixtape chats with The Jilly Rizzo
- the mixtape chats with Kris Orlowski and Whitney Knoerlein