Richard Sherman is holding students accountable, so much so that he's giving them his cellphone number.
West Seattle's transportation issues are mostly likely going to get much worse, before getting better. And they will likely spread to other neighborhoods.
To mark her first year on the job, Seattle Police Chief Kathleen O'Toole sent out a progress report, of sorts, to her department, touting a reduction in crime and outlining challenges her officers face.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioDave Ross: When cheating on taxes becomes a way of life
Tax evasion in Greece is a national sport, says Dave Ross. Today, tax receipts are almost 90 percent less than they would be if everyone actually paid what they owe.
MyNorthwestClassmates help cops track down 13-year-old armed robbery suspect
Despite covering their faces, two teens' chances of getting away with armed robbery were slim after the victims recognized them from school.
MyNorthwestSmoking ban in Seattle parks takes effect with minimal punishment
It's the first day of Seattle's new park smoking ban. Violators won't be fined or cited, however. Instead, they will get an education in what not to do.
KIRO RadioTarget shooting adds to fire fears around Mount Rainier
The tinder-dry conditions around the region have prompted numerous burn bans and some to ask for another seasonal alarm for target shooting.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioRantz: Maybe it's time to take your kids out of preschool?
Jason Rantz says if we have a movement to step away from tests and the biggest advantage a kid gets from preschool is better test taking, then there's no real reason for preschool.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioWalking in the woods could really benefit your mental health
While it may seem obvious that a walk in the woods is a good way to rid yourself of daily stresses, scientists are studying whether there's any truth to that.
MyNorthwestBrush fire slows Monday morning commute on NB I-5 near Boeing Field
A brush fire closed two right lanes of I-5 near Boeing Field, slowing the Monday morning commute.
710 ESPN SeattleRussell Wilson and the risk of playing without a new contract
With injury always a possibility, Russell Wilson will take a financial risk if he plays out the final year of his rookie contract.
Associated PressSeattle's Duwamish Tribe denied federal recognition
The federal government has again rejected a Seattle tribe's petition for federal recognition as an Indian tribe.
Associated PressSmoke from Canada wildfires streaming over Port Angeles
Fire officials say smoke from wildfires in Canada, not Washington, is casting a haze over the Port Angeles area.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioWere Democrats drunk when they passed state budget?
State Representative Matt Manweller made quite a claim Wednesday morning after Senate Democrats refused to suspend Initiative 1351 during budget negotiations in Olympia.
Associated Press3.3 quake felt near Washington border
The Pacific Northwest Seismic Network says a light magnitude 3.3 quake was recorded early Sunday in northwest Washington near the Canadian border.
KIRO RadioQuiz: Do you know what you're doing out in the sun?
Follow along as KIRO Radio's Dave Ross and Colleen O'Brien take the summer myths quiz and prove they're native Washingtonians.
- Mariners notebook: Still looking for answers for up and down offense
- Seth Smith's 2-run single lifts Montgomery, Mariners past A's 2-1
- Video: Russell Wilson addresses contract on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Lloyd McClendon to take leave from Mariners for sister's funeral
- Mariners notebook: More moves and another to come
- Angel McCoughtry leads Dream over Storm 72-64
- Tyrone Mears' first MLS goal lifts Sounders past United, 1-0
- When cheating becomes a way of life
- Take your kids out of preschool
- Were Democrats drunk when they passed state budget?
- Don O'Neill: Kenny Chesney concert-goers more rowdy than Metallica fans
- This is how you help solve homelessness
- Rick Perry may be most brutally candid Republican candidate
- Dry weather spurs landscaping changes
- Seattle police chief praises officers, touts lower crime rates
- Smoking ban in Seattle parks takes effect with minimal punishment
- Inslee to give speech at climate summit in Canada
- Washington woman is new national PTA president
- 2 small hydroelectric projects get fed approval
- Sheriff seeking info on person at start of wildfire
- Anacortes makes water available to Skagit farmers
Dry weather spurs landscaping changes
The survey analyzed 1,600 homeowners who completed an outdoor project in the past 12 months, or are currently working on one, or are planning a project in the future.
- Wanna getaway? Creative options for vacation rental
- Three mistakes first-time homebuyers make
- Change in scenery: New quiz helps to decide if it's time to move
- Windermere economist foresees no housing bubble
- Survey reveals buyers overestimate mortgage requirements
- Report predicts power shift from homeowners to renters
- Breaking even: What it takes to cash-flow a getaway
- Maryland mom held on $500K after infant found on roadside
- LA chief must answer questions in fatal police shooting
- Guilty plea in scam that targeted grandparents nationwide
- Man pleads guilty in crash that killed mom, 3 young sons
- Protesters clash over Confederate flag at Phoenix Walmart
- Judge tosses bid for probe of prosecutor in Ferguson case
- Police: Search for baby in river is a recovery operation
- The Latest: Spanish PM: Greece must follow Europe's rules
- English FA apology for tweet about Women's World Cup team
- 1 dead, 2 taken to hospital after ammonia leak in Ontario
- Quebec marks anniversary of rail disaster that killed 47
- Mali extremist traded for French hostage killed in attack
- Day of extremist violence across Nigeria kills more than 60
- Thousands evacuate as wildfires burn in west Canada
- Q&A: As Obama health law survives, GOP split over next move
- Clinton to sit with CNN for first national interview
- POW-MIA chief to push for private-group aid to find war dead
- Wins, setbacks mark the path to nationwide same-sex marriage
- As Republican infighting grows, donors call for calm
- Obama at Pentagon for meetings on Islamic State
- Nevada GOP Rep. Joe Heck to run for Reid's US Senate seat
- Phoenix firefighters pull man out of chimney
- Large wave washes out Jersey shore town's fireworks display
- Teen spits cherry pit the longest but doesn't win contest
- Friends trying to hand off rice cooker cause scare at casino
- 140 pairs of underwear stolen from store hit by 4 bra heists
- Pilot saves own bacon, glides pig-shaped balloon after crash
- Cat rescued from engine of pickup truck after 28-mile ride