A spring thunderstorm brings hail, thunder, and lightning across Seattle.
A report said SDOT was planning to dedicate two lanes on Westlake to transit, but SDOT Transit Manager Ethan Melone told KIRO Radio's Jason Rantz Show that is far from a done deal.
Reliving the killing of Molly Conley during the trial of Erick Walker made Susan Arksey almost believe she would be getting her daughter back.
NEW Associated PressFather of Marysville school shooter appears in court on gun charge
The father of a Marysville high school student who killed four classmates has been arrested on a federal charge that he was barred from possessing the gun his son used in the shooting.
NEW MyNorthwestBellevue police investigating possible homicide
Bellevue police are investigating a possible homicide at the Avalon Apartments Tuesday night. Firefighters reportedly discovered a woman's body at the apartments.
MyNorthwestBusted Bertha piece finds new home
The front end of Bertha is safely resting on a repair platform just south of the access pit. Now crews can begin taking apart the tunneling machine's broken piece.
MyNorthwest2.6 earthquake reported near Bremerton
A 2.6 earthquake shook Key Center near Bremerton Tuesday afternoon. The quake was centered about 17 miles deep. No damage has been reported.
KIRO RadioPhotos: Edith Macefield's Ballard home back up for sale
Edith Macefield's home is back up for sale, but this time with a new broker at the helm.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioProsecutor disappointed in manslaughter verdict, but goals accomplished
The manslaughter conviction of Erick Walker in the death of Molly Conley was a lesser verdict than Snohomish County Prosecutor Mark Roe was looking for.
Chokepoints, KIRO RadioNo free rides for emergency responders on I-405, 520 bridge
Emergency responders are usually able to use state HOV lanes for free, but that courtesy doesn't extend to the 520 bridge and it won't for the upcoming I-405 Express toll lanes.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioRantz: Lawmakers want to protect you from powdered alcohol
Legislators in Olympia are already considering a ban on powdered alcohol, but Jason Rantz doesn't understand how it's more dangerous that traditional booze.
Associated PressMan arrested in fatal shooting of Mount Vernon taxi driver
Authorities say a man suspected of fatally shooting a female taxi driver in Mount Vernon has been arrested in the Tacoma suburb of Lakewood.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioIvar's president is confident early $15 minimum wage rollout will work
Ivar's employees are thrilled to make $15 an hour.
Associated PressSeattle City Council approves up to 3 new homeless camps
The Seattle City Council has an ordinance allowing up to three new homeless encampments in the city.
MyNorthwestFourth baby orca spotted in Salish Sea this year
The fourth southern-resident orca was seen swimming in the Salish Sea Monday.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioDave Ross: Does Indiana have too much religious freedom?
Dave Ross says Indiana's religious freedom law might make it a little tougher to get a cake for your gay wedding, but it might be easier to get special brownies for the after-party.
KIRO RadioNew trial reopens old wound for family of Craigslist killing victim
The Washington State Court of Appeals ruled Clabon Berniard's rights were violated during his first trial in a Craigslist murder.
- Taijuan Walker, Mike Zunino combine for a Mariners win
- Mariners notebook: Opening Day lineup edition?
- Report: Free-agent C Chris Myers visiting Seahawks
- Washington begins spring ball with questions at QB
- Mariners option Roenis Elias to Triple A, cut roster to 28
- Mariners pitching prospect Victor Sanchez, 20, dies
- Podcasts: Felix, Cano, McClendon and other M's on "Danny, Dave and Moore"
- Edith Macefield's Ballard home back up for sale
- Does Indiana have too much religious freedom?
- 'Moral equivalence' argument sinks to new depths
- Good news on soda, in spite of government
- Who gains by peddling idea of 'racial crisis'?
- Feds supporting millions who've been dead for decades
- The waiting game could prove costly in local housing
- Father of Marysville school shooter appears in court on gun charge
- Father of Washington school shooter arrested on gun charge
- McClendon ejected during Mariners' 8-6 loss to Indians
- Homicide: Woman's body found in Bellevue apartment
- Bellevue police investigating possible homicide
- Seattle sends Ramirez to Tampa Bay for Montgomery
- Washington auditor's office releases grand jury documents
The waiting game could prove costly in local housing
The inventory of resale and pre-build homes is not expected to recover until summer or fall.
- One-quarter of Seattle's lower-end homes remain 'underwater'
- Saints alive! Taking home marketing to a higher level
- Best time for open house continues to be 2 p.m. Sunday
- Housing affordability: Detroit, San Francisco at ends of spectrum
- Survey reveals most millennials unaware of closing costs
- Zillow rolls out new search tool targeting agent specialties
- Demand is high, so why are builders so cautious?
- Avedon exhibit features portraits of 1960s-70s newsmakers
- Purported kidnappers want apology from California police
- Bull runs along: Stocks end 1Q up for 9th straight quarter
- Coroner: Death of Andrew Getty appears natural or accident
- Judge: Navy's Hawaii, California training plan inadequate
- 3-D print technology provides 'robohand' to 7-year-old girl
- Police: Man, woman found dead after medical office shooting
- IBM plans $3B Internet of Things push, lures The Weather Channel away from AWS
- Microsoft rolls out ‘Wi-Fi on steroids’ in shadow of Space Needle: Seattle Center gets upgraded free network
- Amazon’s new plastic Dash Button lets you instantly restock items for the home
- Report: Seattle one of the worst U.S. cities for traffic congestion, tied with NYC
- Premera’s family credit monitoring offer plagued by bugs of its own
- Seattle cosmetics startup Julep cuts 8% of staff
- Facebook reveals Gehry-designed HQ: Next up, Seattle
- On Cuban isle once home to Americans, a look back and ahead
- The world's oldest person, a Japanese woman, dies at 117
- Thousands strike at major shoe factory in Vietnam
- Nepal says climbers returning to climb Mount Everest
- Leftist Colombian jurist Carlos Gaviria dies at 77
- Buhari wins in Nigeria, defeating Goodluck Jonathan
- Some parents of missing Mexico youths ask help of gang boss
- After Christie's privatization, NJ lottery missing targets
- Loan recipients on 'strike' meet with federal officials
- Oversight panel issues subpoenas in Secret Service incident
- Obama commutes sentences of 22 people in federal prison
- 8 journalists to receive awards for excellence in reporting
- Police: Prisoner who stole gun, fled hospital found in DC
- Watchdog group says 4 2016 prospects dodging finance law
- Police: Man crashed truck, stole forklift while intoxicated
- Man accused of posing as officer to cut into fast-food line
- Woman charged with stabbing boyfriend after salsa argument
- 10-foot, 300-pound metal rooster goes missing in Athens
- Surplus symbols: How many state bugs and beans do we need?
- Unique official state symbols being requested in 2015
- Officials: Pizza shop burglar steals 100 candy bars, cookies