Monday May 6, 2013
- Elimination Communication
Seattle moms practice Elimination Communication, starting potty training soon after birth.
- New York Vinnie says Felix is an unknown in Pittsburgh
New York Vinnie joins "Afternoons with the Go 2 Guy" to preview the upcoming series between the Pirates and Mariners.
- Clayton says James Carpenter has to stay healthy
John Clayton gives his expectations on Seahawks guard James Carpenter (2:32).
- Syria, here we come
It sounds like we’re about to get involved in the Syrian Civil War.
- The best bang for your buck when choosing a college
Lynn Shaughnessy says don't rule out those expensive elite schools - the financial aid could be worth it.
- Teaching her kids the value of freedom, by escaping a communist country
Most moms would do anything for their kids. Helen Szablya escaped a dictatorship with her three children so they could grow up in the U.S.
- Massage is relaxing for most people, but not for me
Anyone who knows me realizes I'm a bit of a workaholic. Four years ago I tried yoga to relax and ended up getting kicked out of class because I wouldn't close my laptop. A friend convinced me to try something else to de-stress - Chinese Foot Massage.
- Laura Ling's inside perspective on WA man's North Korea sentence
North Korea on Sunday revealed a few more details about a Korean-American recently sentenced to 15 years' hard labor, saying he entered the country with a disguised identity. Pyongyang also rejected speculation that it intends to use Kenneth Bae as a bargaining chip.
- Why haven't USC quarterbacks panned out?
Brock Huard and Danny O'Neil discuss the bust rate of recent quarterbacks from USC.
- What to do with Tamerlan Tsarnaev
No cemetery will accept the body of Tamerlan Tsarnaev.
- GeekWire app of the week: Fish Out of Water
This week's app of the week, Fish Out of Water, should be popular among Seattleites that take pride in the city's famous fish throwing.
- Dori remembers his hero, coach Frosty Westering
Legendary football coach Frosty Westering is one of the winningest coaches of all time. He's inspired countless athletes and laypeople. Dori remembers his hero now, just days after his memorial service.
- Drayer on Montero's struggles, Mariners' surge
Shannon Drayer joins "Bob and Groz" for a discussion on the improvement the Mariners have shown since their series against Houston and the team's best course of action with struggling catcher Jesus Montero.
- Condotta says chances of NBA allowing Hansen to buy Kings is 'farfetched'
Seattle Times reporter Bob Condotta joined the "Brock and Danny" show to talk about the potential options for Chris Hansen moving forward.
- Is Miley Cyrus really the hottest woman?
Dori has a beef with everyone in their 20s if they are really voting for Miley Cyrus as Maxim's hottest woman in the world. So much so, it's Today's Sign the End is Near.
- Tan mom has a new single!
Patricia Krentcil, New Jersey's Tan Mom, thought it was a great idea to release a pop single. It wasn't.
- Clubs are killing Las Vegas
Dori loves going to Las Vegas to test his skill at the craps table, in poker, and even roulette, but now most casinos get their revenue from enormous clubs selling $1300 vodka and sex.
- Listener: Dori has it wrong on the racist quilt
Pastor Tony Montgomery thinks Dori is dead-wrong when he said a quilt made by students in Virginia didn't have any racist undertones. They might not understand why it's offensive, but he says they need to be educated.
- A few minutes with Pearl Jam's Mike McCready
Guitarist and Seattle native Mike McCready tells "Bob and Groz" about Friday's show with Flight to Mars, the reissue of Mad Season's "Above" and Pearl Jam's upcoming album.
- Meat Two Guys Who Went From Vegan To Butcher (See what I did there?!)
I'll introduce you to two men who spend years eating vegetarian and vegan, until they discovered ethical butchery. One is the owner of Seattle's Dot's Delicatessen and the other is the author of the new book, "The Ethical Butcher."
- Does Boston Marathon bomber deserve a proper burial?
Luke Burbank says Tamerlan Tsarnaev doesn't deserve a proper burial and should simply be cremated instead
- Ring My Belle: Sucking on Your Baby's Bottle Can Prevent Allergies
1. New research says that babies are less likely to get allergies or asthma if their parent sucks on their pacifier or baby bottle. 2. Outrage directed at Lego after a dad discovers a Lego sticker page featuring a sexist construction worker. 3. There are now food stamps for pets! 4. Scientists think they finally discovered a cure for gray hair!
- Calabro says Chris Hansen has a 'move or two left'
Kevin Calabro joins "Afternoons with the Go 2 Guy" to discuss the potential plays Chris Hansen and Steve Ballmer have left to in the sale of the Sacramento Kings.